Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought from private seller The Nav / Entertainment system has the original SD card. Everything works fine. Is it worth it to spend the $130 and the risk of upgrade issues to get a new SD card from Hyundai? I assume the latest firmware still won’t give you traffic like Google Maps

·
Registered
47 Posts
I suspect the update will provide mostly map changes. Traffic will still need to be accessed through your phone or, if you want to spend the $$, I believe Bluelink might have a traffic option. XM Radio offers a traffic option, as well, but I have found that to be far inferior to streaming via my phone. Personally, I don’t even use my OEM navigation. I use the large display for album artwork & navigate via my iPhone. Just my rambling thoughts on the matter, plus some (no charge, you’re welcome!:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
The two biggest things for me were that the safety nag message screen goes away after a bit, and the Bluetooth streaming connection automatically starts back up instead of having to choose it again every time when jumping back in the car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I upgraded my wife's 2014 from version 6 to version 13....Other than a few items, it was a total waste of money other than an upgraded map and the "accept" screen turned off after 15 seconds. Now I'm stuck with a quirky version 13 as they don't give you free upgrades for a year or whatever. Had I known I would have simply kept version 6....Voice recognition still sucks, it randomly is off when I start the car, etc.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
For that price you can get a Garmin with nice features that you can transfer from vehicle to vehicle AND it comes with free map updates. Yes, not as clean as a factory NAV, but....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts