Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 hyundai sonata hybrid limited with just over 60k miles. I took it to the dealer with a moonroof issue. They did a full check up and fix a few recall issues. When I picked it up after the service. I noticed in a few instances that it wouldn't shift properly from 2 to 3rd gear. So i switched it to manual mode and noticed when at complete stop and start up when i try to shift from 1st to 2nd. it wouldn't switch. Causing the car to rev. and forcing me to slow down and wait for the car to switch automatically. after several attemps having the dealer check it they finally noticed the problem. and decided to change my transmission under warranty. after two weeks at the shop. I picked it up today. It worked fine in automatic mode. Once I switched it to manual to try it and began with the same issue. Now this time is worst as it will not make the change at all and forcing me to stop to start again. Then when I switch it to automatic mode it is even worst. One time the car wouldn't move and forced me to pull to the side. I'm really worry, can anyone provide me some info to share with the dealer. Since they seem to be missing something. After doing some research online. I think it could be a faulity computer since i can see the computer manages the transmission. Also the service indicator now comes on wich after reading the manual it states " any malfunction occurs in the hybrid system".

Any help !!! will be greatful.:frown:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I can’t offer any help or advice as I don’t have any. But, I’m experiencing the same issues with my ‘16 HSH. I reverse into my garage and in the mornings I put it in drive and go. I have noticed that going from 1st to 2nd gear causes the car to rev a bit before it finally catches. When it does catch, sometimes it slightly throws me forward. I heard that putting it in reverse and tapping on the gas a bit will actually prevent the car from a harsh shift from 1st to 2nd. It actually works for me too. But, I’m not doing that every day, nor should I have to. I’m finding that my HSH is becoming a problem with lots of issues. Too many rattles. Right now I’m going on week number 2 that my Hybrid has been at the dealership for engine repairs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts