Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
248 Posts
I love the HUD. Only problem I have with it is that when I'm wearing my sunglasses, the polarization difference really dims the display. If I tip my head clockwise a bit, it brightens up. I think at least one high end car has a fix for this where the filter in the cars HUD can be rotated through the infotainment system. Even if it were manually adjustable, I would be happy with an adjustment.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I love the HUD. Only problem I have with it is that when I'm wearing my sunglasses, the polarization difference really dims the display. If I tip my head clockwise a bit, it brightens up. I think at least one high end car has a fix for this where the filter in the cars HUD can be rotated through the infotainment system. Even if it were manually adjustable, I would be happy with an adjustment.
the windshield has to have a special process, i think a laminate so polarize glasses can be used. bmw does this, dunno how costly , tho

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was noting the dimness of the HUD in another thread - I was just out, and discovered what you just indicated: my polarizing sunglasses dramatically dims the HUD. Take them off, and it's plenty bright, even in bright sun, and a light colored road.

I may have to look into getting a pair of (prescription) sunglasses, but leave out the polarizer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was noting the dimness of the HUD in another thread - I was just out, and discovered what you just indicated: my polarizing sunglasses dramatically dims the HUD. Take them off, and it's plenty bright, even in bright sun, and a light colored road.

I may have to look into getting a pair of (prescription) sunglasses, but leave out the polarizer.
I have been thinking about getting some cheaper sunglasses from Kohl's just for the car that aren't polarized.

One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post, too, that is mildly weird to me after I found out: US Sonatas don't have heated rear seats but Canadian models do. I think it is funny they cut this in the US when other cars in the segment (Accord) offer rear heated seats. (I am in a northern state that had a car with heated rear seats before and used them a ton)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have been thinking about getting some cheaper sunglasses from Kohl's just for the car that aren't polarized.

One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post, too, that is mildly weird to me after I found out: US Sonatas don't have heated rear seats but Canadian models do. I think it is funny they cut this in the US when other cars in the segment (Accord) offer rear heated seats. (I am in a northern state that had a car with heated rear seats before and used them a ton)
My 2016 Sonata Limited, and I was also disappointed to see they got rid of the rear seat heating. Then again, I'm in NC, and rarely have people in the back, so I'm not going to lose much sleep over it!

They also did away with the Sunglasses holder, along with the rear window (pull-up) shades, both of which I miss more than the rear seat heating. But they added way more good stuff, so it is what it is.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited
11 Posts
I second the request for these improvements! To add to that why can’t the cruise stay on? Ford makes you turn on cruise too, Chevy doesn’t. Just one extra step. No not the end of the world but kind of annoying
Something like this?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited
11 Posts
Yessssss...where did you get this/how? Just vinyl that you found/cut/applied?

I have, admittedly, never done anything like this but would love to.
Yes...I did it myself.Just used a vinyl sheet. I disassembled the console and wrap the pieces shown and reassembled.
msi61c6izp051.jpg

21 - 28 of 28 Posts