Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Santa Fe GLS 2.4L jerks and bucks while coasting. When you let go of the gas pedal the car would jerk. Is that normal for the car. The dealer could not duplicate the problem. Please help?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sounds like the lock up torque converter is hanging up in the locked position.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
My 2012 Santa Fe GLS 2.4L jerks and bucks while coasting. When you let go of the gas pedal the car would jerk. Is that normal for the car. The dealer could not duplicate the problem. Please help?
Did you ride with the tech to duplicate the problem for them, or is it rare enough that this isn't possible? Or did you address that before about 3 threads back when you said the dealer had refused the ride-along? All of this seems quite familiar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the service manager took a drive with me. I drove and he drove. He said nothing is wrong.

·
Registered
539 Posts
take it to another dealer and when it does happen with you alone, try to remember when it happens like right when cold starts and at what mph or on certain roads, etc. and then go back and back and back to different dealers to duplicate the problem.

At the very least your dealer, if even possible anymore, should somehow check to make sure the tranny fluid is present and not low but now without dipsticks to check in most vehicles, not sure how they do that without dismantling stuff.

The 2.4L is a dog for sure in such a mid-sized SUV I never cared for that engine at all was very weak and when stepped on to get going, it was very slow and doggy. I'll take the 3.5L V6 ONLY getting 1 less mpg hwy. anyday of the week for the extra 1500 bucks it costs since is smooth, lower rpms, and very powerful would put it even better than the 3.5L V6 toyota RAV4 we use to have.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I been to multiple dealers and they couldn't duplicate it. It happens when you drive the car for a while. When coasting the rpms will rev high and the car will jerk.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When coming to a stop and put the transmission in neutral the car does not jerk. You can't feel it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If it's not jerking when you switch it to neutral when stopping, then it is the lock up torque converter not releasing. Probably the solenoid is hanging up. You can test it by unplugging the wire from the solenoid to the torque converter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts