Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Maybe one of yous can assist me or point me in the right direction. Today I replaced my stock radio radio with a compass-nav radio. I disconnected the battery both positive and negative terminals before starting the installation and when I completed the install and reconnected the power both me of remote door openers would not function.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm losing my mind. I can open the door manually with the key. From the inside of the car all doors will lock when the lock button on the driver side is pressed. But not from any remotes which means the trunk and alarm buttons also wont respond from the remotes.

·
22,788 Posts
Call Charles. Gotta be something simple. He stands behind his products 100%.

If you did this install yourself and this is the only hiccup? You did a heck of a great mod! The FOB issue on a mod like this is a small issue. Once you get this corrected, you'll feel GREAT. You should feel great for what you have accomplished this far.

Yep, Call Charles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call Charles. Gotta be something simple. He stands behind his products 100%.
I did and hes been extremely helpful and asked me to try a few things and still not working. I sent him a long email with everything that doesnt work which is only a few things but the fact I can lock/unlock my car from the remote is driving me nuts. I'm starting to wonder if it is because the car was without power for so long. Anybody knows how the remote key unlock work so I can trace the route and see if I did anything wrong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you did this install yourself and this is the only hiccup? You did a heck of a great mod! The FOB issue on a mod like this is a small issue. Once you get this corrected, you'll feel GREAT. You should feel great for what you have accomplished this far.

Yep, Call Charles.

Rich thanks for the praise. Honestly Charles system is pretty simple to put together especially with all the pdf's he provides. The other issue's I'm experiencing is the clock module is no longer working but the passenger airbag indicator still works and the AUX does not seem to work. I'm currently awaiting his feedback to see if he has any solutions to these issues.

·
22,788 Posts
Let us know what you come up with. Possibly, some others with Compass-Nav units may have an idea.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I installed Compass-Nav about 1.5 years ago. I never had any perifferal electrical issues such as this, but I do not recall disconnecting the battery completely as you did. I may have, but I do not recall.

Could it be that if you totally disconnect the car's battery for over some period of time the car completely resets? And therefore you need to re-pair the car and the remotes?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I installed Compass-Nav about 1.5 years ago. I never had any perifferal electrical issues such as this, but I do not recall disconnecting the battery completely as you did. I may have, but I do not recall.

Could it be that if you totally disconnect the car's battery for over some period of time the car completely resets? And therefore you need to re-pair the car and the remotes?
Thats what I am think, also as I did not disconnect my battery while doing the install.

On a side note I have the Hyundai auto start installed and did have issues that the horn was not working when double tapping the lock button on remote. Had to use the auto start function and locks for the horn to start working.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive been in constant contact with charles. Im currently awaiting for my coworker to come by with a fuse tester to see if anything is blown. Cause a visual inspection doesnt seem to point to a blown fuse.

·
22,788 Posts
Gotta be something simple that was overlooked. A meter will make short work outta narrowing down the blown fuse assumption.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotta be something simple that was overlooked. A meter will make short work outta narrowing down the blown fuse assumption.
Grabbed a fuse tester and they all passed. Starting to think there is a short somewhere which is getting me worried.

I have a question for all those compass-nav owners does this system void your warranty??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well good news everybody. It was just a blown fuse that my cheap fuse tester marked as good. When I tested it with a multimeter it found the issue with no problem. I personally would like to thank Charles for all his time and assistance while I was losing my mind.

Everything now works correctly and I can go on my nice long drive to test out the gps software

1 - 12 of 12 Posts