Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I was doing some work on my 2006 Getz SXi and replacing a head unit that was installed by the previous owner he did a pretty bad job and in the end i had to cut the wires and start again wiring in a new connector, however i have run into some issues because the audio doesn't work any-more, the interior roof lights have stopped working and the remote lock/unlock key no longer works. Not sure what the **** has happened as I haven't touched anything other than the wires connecting the audio system together.

Any help would really be appreciated. I have checked the Fuze marked "audio" and it is working in the hazard light fuze slot and via versa.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Blackbird

Check through your fuse box and see what if any fuses you may have blown when you were working on the car. With the complexity of many modern cars you find a number of items may be on the same circuit so if you blow a fuse you may take out a number of other items.

I don't have a circuit diagram handy but it sound like the fuse for the audio system may also provide power to the interior lights and maybe the 12 volt power supply in the dash.

regards

Gerry

regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts