Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, family member and i are helping a friend work on a 02-04 ish hyundai accent cause it wont start so we checked spark great spark, but we have no fuel we cracked open the two 10mm bolts on the line to fuel rail to see if it will spray fuel to make sure we have fuel and there is nothing at all spraying from the rail we never took the line off just loosen the nuts to make sure we could see it drip or spray and there is nothing. is this a faulty pump? we also jumped relay to make it run all the time and still no fuel if it is a faulty pump how hard is it too change these pumps in these cars is it a tank removal or is it just a backseat and access cover?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,294 Posts
is this a faulty pump?
I don't think you've done enough testing yet to know.

Have you checked the power supplies to the pump relay?
Remove the pump relay and switch the ignition on. Now measure the voltage on the four terminals of the relay socket on the fusebox. Make sure two terminals have 12V and two have 0V.

If the power supplies to the relay are OK, next reinsert your relay bypass wire and lift the rear seat to gain access to the fuel pump connector. Disconnect the plug from the tank unit and connect your voltmeter across the pump power supply and ground terminals...see below. If you have 12V on the connector but the pump doesn't run that suggests the pump is faulty.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if fuel pump is running using bypass wire then shouldn't need to check connector at tank what would cause fuel pump to run but not pump fuel? there is also 12v at relay we checked all that out forgot to mention that

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,294 Posts
Off the top of my head and in no particular order, if the pump is running but not delivering fuel to the rail you might have....

no fuel in the tank (don't laugh...is the fuel gauge working properly? These are the kinds of things you always need to consider.)
a blocked fuel filter
a kinked/blocked fuel pipe/hose
a fuel leak (probably inside the tank if you can't smell it)
vacuum inside the tank (vent blocked)
a faulty pump

The next step I would take would be to disconnect the fuel supply line off the top of the tank unit under the rear seat. Push a length of hose onto the pump outlet then crank the engine to see if any fuel sprays out the hose. If fuel sprays out there your pump is probably OK so reconnect the fuel line and disconnect the output side of the filter and crank again. Is fuel spraying out there?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Where the fuel hose attaches to the rail there is a sleeve about 10mm long with an O ring on it. You really need to take the fuel line off the rail not just loosen the bolts. There was a post some time ago where after a lot of testing he found the intank hose from the pump to the tank cover plate cracked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we added few more liters of fuel which is what we though too it was low on fuel next thing is what i was going to do is take the hose off and see if it will spray fuel and i though once u loosen the fuel supply line to rail would leak since the fuel pressure on most fuel injection cars are 50+ psi.. from what i know she drove the car home and parked it drove it again then when she went home or next day it never started something like that i dont really have much info for that, we will for sure check out hoses and fuel filter when we go back there to look at vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts