Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the SE trim of the car. It has the push to start FOB. recently i found out something peculiar with the door locks. It was raining very heavily the other day, and i didn't have an umbrella. I attempted to open the door slightly, then lock it using the auto lock on the inside door handle. as i did so, the car auto opened the locks! i tried again, and it still unlocked the open door. Is this a feature? Can it be turned off?

after trying twice, i just opened, and ran for the safety of the apt. complex. i then used the fob to lock the car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This happens so that you don't accidentally lock your keys in the car. Let's say you went to the gas station to fill up and you had the key fob sitting in the center console in a cup holder. By habit you got out of the car and tried to lock it either with the button on the arm rest as you gave in your example or by pressing the black button on the outside. OOPS! this is a fail-safe for us to not lock the keys in the car. Apparently one of the few things working properly on the car. (Said with tongue in cheek) So far no issues with my car or my mom's!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts