Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, it's been 4 months now since I bought my Elantra and since the beginning of the winter I'm stuck with a annoying isolation problem. My driver front window is always frosted when I'm driving even if I put the heater to defrost or defrost/leg. I want to know if it's normal with the E or it is just my car.

Also, if I choose the put the heater in any other mode than defrost the whole car is starting to freeze starting from the driver window and spreading to the others.

Today I went to school and because of the calcium on the roads I noticed that there is a space gap between my driver front door and the back passenger door.

Can it be changed or repaired under warranty? :confused:

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Make sure you're not using the circulation button when you have the heater on, else it'll fog up quick.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It won't hurt to let the dealer check it out. There is this trick which I find very handy, it lets you manually turn off your A/C which automatically comes on with the defrost modes. Once you do this the ac button lights up whenever it is on and you can turn it off if you like. This may be unrelated but is useful to know. From the tips and tricks sticky.
Disable A/C for Defrost - Press the RECIRC button 5 times in succession and it will then flash to acknowledge that the HVAC Logic is disabled, that means you can set the HVAC any way you like and it will not alter settings itself, it will start them up as you left them the last time, very handy feature indeed (This tip came from duhast)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts