Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seem multiple people mentioned how smooth the ISG system is on their 2.0T model but I have found the opposite to be true for my 2.4L. It is quite rough on startup and lunges the car forward, not seamless at all. I have recently driven my sister in laws Palisade and I couldn't even feel the system working. If I didn't know to look for it, I wouldn't have known it was working. I also realize the Palisade is a more expensive and refined vehicle. Is anyone else experiencing this with their 2.4L as well?

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L AWD
70 Posts
I have seem multiple people mentioned how smooth the ISG system is on their 2.0T model but I have found the opposite to be true for my 2.4L. It is quite rough on startup and lunges the car forward, not seamless at all. I have recently driven my sister in laws Palisade and I couldn't even feel the system working. If I didn't know to look for it, I wouldn't have known it was working. I also realize the Palisade is a more expensive and refined vehicle. Is anyone else experiencing this with their 2.4L as well?
I have the 2.4L as well. It is very smooth. Of all the cars that I drove prior to purchasing, the ISG on the SantaFe was the quietest and smoothest. Still, I do not use it.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
1,999 Posts
Congratulations, you just started yet another ISG thread in this forum. As a new member, just how many ISG threads do you think we really need here? Were your comments so remarkable as to justify a brand new thread?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting to know you guys aren't experiencing the same thing. Next time I'm at the dealership, I'll try to test drive one off the lot and see if it behaves the same way and if not, I'll bring it up to the service center.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,327 Posts
My opinion... it is not smooth, it does lunge a bit (kinda like shift to D without brake applied, I believe it is doing exactly that). This is very subjective and it depends on the individual expectation and background LOL. It cannot be better than manually starting the engine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Interesting to know you guys aren't experiencing the same thing. Next time I'm at the dealership, I'll try to test drive one off the lot and see if it behaves the same way and if not, I'll bring it up to the service center.
If you're not already doing it: let off the brake pedal just a little bit before you're ready to move. The engine will start, making for a much smoother take-off when you release the brake the rest of the way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you're not already doing it: let off the brake pedal just a little bit before you're ready to move. The engine will start, making for a much smoother take-off when you release the brake the rest of the way.
Unless coupled with Auto-Hold, when the takeoff will be made worse. My advice is just to turn ISG off and not worry about it. Hyundai at least gives owners an easy way to turn it off, and a toothpick hack to keep it off permanently that is so simple and non-intrusive that it can hardly be called a hack.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,327 Posts
Congratulations, you just started yet another ISG thread in this forum. As a new member, just how many ISG threads do you think we really need here? Were your comments so remarkable as to justify a brand new thread?
Other ISG threads are about why it doesn't work. This one is not. How about a SINGLE thread for each vehicle 😄 ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts