Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon everyone.

My first post on the Tucson forum as I have just changed over from my Santa Fe.

The Santa Fe was an awesome car and she served us well for 11 years and 160k miles, but after developing a fault with the engine, we made the decision that she had served us well, but it was time for a change.

As I did some of the launch work on the Tucson, I always said it would be my next car as I no longer needed anything as big as the Santa Fe, so we got one.

It's a November 2015 Premium Se with 35k miles on the clock. It is in really good order and runs like a new car.

I have one question though. Having driven it around for over a week and in that time, made a couple of 200+ mile journeys, I am yet to experience the ISG kicking in.

Does anyone have any explanation for me? I have tried switching off all in car ancillaries and also tried the other option of running everything to help drain the battery so the car puts it on a full charge, but still nothing.

Any ideas would be appreciated thanks?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks anyway.

Yeah. Stop, Go. It should come in once the engine has warmed, but nothing as yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi I have 2017 Premium Se Auto ,my stop and go is active from when the engine starts ,it can be switched off by switch on the gear lever console ,but it should be live from starting the car go back to the dealers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sorted thanks.

It is purely a "state of charge" on the battery. As I had not had many ancillaries on, the battery is not taking much draw, so the vehicles electronics do not throw a lot of charge at the battery. So, the vehicle is not in the right "state" to bring in ISG.

When you have been running lots of ancillaries, the battery needs more charge, so the onboard electrics throw more charge at the battery, so the battery appears in a fitter state, then allowing for ISG to operate.

Sounds very clever and I was not aware of this, but it was explained to me by a technician. Sounds plausible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts