Hyundai Forums banner
281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,271 Posts
The ISG is a bit rough starting up on my ‘22 Tucson. My ‘19 Santa Fe activates more smoothly…when it works.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,101 Posts
Forgot to push the button to disable ISG a couple of days ago. To my surprise, it engaged. I might leave it on to see if it is operating consistently again.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
190 Posts
Let us know when it doesn't work again. It should not take long. It still works on mine, but very inconsistent compared to the first 1.5yrs.
Well it has been 3-4 weeks now and ISG continues to perform as designed.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L AWD
81 Posts
Forgot to push the button to disable ISG a couple of days ago. To my surprise, it engaged. I might leave it on to see if it is operating consistently again.
After a 400 mile RT on the highway and returning home to the city streets, the same thing happened to me. The ISG engaged and appears to now be working. Not sure if it was the longer amount of driving or the warm/HOT! weather we are now having ...maybe a combination of both.

I am going to leave it turned on over the next week or so just to see if this continues. Otherwise I was just planning to take it into the dealer to make sure the battery was okay since the warranty is only good through the end of the year on the battery.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,101 Posts
After a 400 mile RT on the highway and returning home to the city streets, the same thing happened to me. The ISG engaged and appears to now be working. Not sure if it was the longer amount of driving or the warm/HOT! weather we are now having ...maybe a combination of both.

I am going to leave it turned on over the next week or so just to see if this continues. Otherwise I was just planning to take it into the dealer to make sure the battery was okay since the warranty is only good through the end of the year on the battery.
I think it is a combination of both also for me.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,271 Posts
It’s the greater use of the vehicle vs. pandemic inactivity IMO.

Hyundai needs to lower the battery charge “threshold” which deactivates ISG.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Limited (Portofino Gray)
72 Posts
We've had our SF 2.0 AWD Ultimate for just about 6 weeks and put on over 2200 miles and the ISG function has never worked once, period! Always get the orange ISG light every time, can't figure it out. I did notice that the battery is at 66% today and yesterday it was at 64% if that matters greatly? BTW, we're in a cold climate so maybe that has something to do with it? :confused:
How do you check the battery level? Is that something built in to the vehicle or are you using a battery tester? Just wondering...

·
Registered
251 Posts
You could use a Volt Ohm meter. with the engine off the voltage should be between 12.5 Vdc 12.6vdc.
This method only tests stand-by voltage it doesn't check for load capacity.
With the engine running the voltage 14vdc- 14.5vdc
With the engine running with smart alternators it may not show that voltage if it determines the battery is fully charged

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have times when the ISG works fine. at stopped lights, car engine will shut down and ISG Symbol will light up green. Most times however, The symbol will light up orange, and will not activate during a long stop. Why is this? the owner manual states that the prerequisites for ISG must be met. I cant seem to figure out why it wouldnt be running on my vehicle. Anyone else having this issue, or know why this is?
So I had the same problem with my santa fe.. and I realized that turning the car on twice fixed the problem.. still don't know why that's the only way but at least works fine now.. you should try it

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
190 Posts
So I had the same problem with my santa fe.. and I realized that turning the car on twice fixed the problem.. still don't know why that's the only way but at least works fine now.. you should try it
So you are going to restart the car twice every time rather then fix the actual issue :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know it sucks.. but I took to the dealership and they said that was nothing wrong with the ISG even tho it never meet the requirements

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,497 Posts
Someone mentioned to trick the system to charge the battery. It was functional again since May, about the time I started using AC. But stopped working for the past 4 wks, AC was on almost everyday on the return home drive. So that idea is nfg. I thought I have to admit that I was wrong because a lot of members insisted is a low battery SOC issue. Therefore, I still don't think everyone has a bad battery!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know it sucks.. but I took to the dealership and they said that was nothing wrong with the ISG even tho it never meet the requirements

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,497 Posts
There is nothing the dealer can do. It is a software issue. Unless Hyundai acknowledge the problem and is willing to update the software, there is no solution. Note, acknowledge the problem doesn't mean it will be fixed.

281 - 297 of 297 Posts