Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer informed me that they cannot do the TSB unless I have the symptom of the problem. Is this true? From what I understand, they release the TSB for dealers to fix the problem prior to selling the car to prevent future problem. So why doesn't the same apply for already owners if it will prevent future problem?

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
True. Of course some dealers will do some, on a case by case basis, to prevent problems down the road. A TSB is pretty much a notice to service, should they encounter a certain problem, the suggested way to fix it. A recall is something they must do before sale.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (destro @ Dec 8 2010, 07:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378077
A TSB is pretty much a notice to service, should they encounter a certain problem, the suggested way to fix it.
Correct, you have this condition, here what to do or what part to use and how much we going to pay you to do it (like it or not)

A recall is something they must do before sale --> to instock units before retail sale, and to customer cars as they appear in your service aisle for other repairs,,, you are supposed to check WEBDCS for any open recalls when car shows upp for service....

We have done programs for people who show up with paper in hand.. we just write it up as customer request..

·
Registered
817 Posts
Well, some TSB's are obviously "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of things.

For example, if your sunglass holder is working, why would you either complain about it or need it repaired?

If you do have a problem, and there is a TSB related to it, the dealer should take care of it, somewhat in the manner that sbr711 relates.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Bottom line is, If you have the problem it gets repaired , no guessing or throwing incorrect parts at it. Everyone wins. I have had a few of these updated repairs done with no problems. Some of the others I wouldn't want done unless there was a real problem.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well since they are fixing my upholstery this starting this weekend, they are going to put me in another 2011 Sonata and they said they will take care of the NAV update and check for the rattle on the glove box with the manual in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts