Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
22,788 Posts
Couldn't get the link to work, Arbogast777.

·
22,788 Posts
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-042-1813-Air-Filter/dp/B004WNFQGO/ref=au_pf_ss_4?ie=UTF8&Make=Hyundai%7C3&Model=Elantra%20GT%7C23540&Year=2013%7C2013&carId=001&n=15684181&s=automotive"]
[/ame]I'm thinking this. Not the cone filter that came up on that link.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just to put my two cents in. I tried the k&n drop in on my accent and the gt (the same filter) I got no increase in mpg noticeable horse power so I returned to the factory set up. on just about every car I have owned in the last 20 years (11) I have fount that unless you have made more mods to the car or have built a engine set up to run such filters they make little to no difference. and in a couple of my cars it hurt the performance. so.......

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Just to put my two cents in. I tried the k&n drop in on my accent and the gt (the same filter) I got no increase in mpg noticeable horse power so I returned to the factory set up. on just about every car I have owned in the last 20 years (11) I have fount that unless you have made more mods to the car or have built a engine set up to run such filters they make little to no difference. and in a couple of my cars it hurt the performance. so.......
The only benefit you get from K&N is a lighter wallet. NO HP NO improved MPG
Maybe some savings on not buying OEM filter but even then it not worth my time to clean and re-oil the K&N filter

·
Registered
654 Posts
If I wanted to try the AEM is that the correct size?
If you were planning on a 'drop in' filter, than you need one that is the same size and shape of the one Okierich posted (the one that looks like a rectangle with a corner cut off).

The one you posted is a cone version, which might require you to do some mods/buy a kit that replaces the stock housing. There are a few threads in this subforum with install logs of such a setup. Search for "cai" or "cold air intake".

Folks who have done this can chime in as this is a mod I have not been too interested in so I don't pa too close attention to them...but if you were looking to simply pop the one you linked earlier into your existing stock setup, I would say that is not the correct filter for certain.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Is your opinion of the AEM the same?
I have never been a fan of mods on cone filters. Most draw air from engine compartment which is hot air ...... you want cooler air. Hyundai uses a modified cold air system which is hard to improve on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah so any cone with a 2.5" inlet will fit the stock tube. the MD elantra sub forum has a great thread on the diy short ram.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts