Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find it in the manual.

When you unlock your car, but you don't enter it for more than 3 minutes, does it lock again by itself?

Sometimes I would unlock my car then do something else briefly, then the car locks itself after a couple minutes or so.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you unlock driver's door or all doors, and don't open one, it relocks. Owner's Manual -- page 4-8.

Sounds like you could use the PDF version -- easy to find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you unlock driver's door or all doors, and don't open one, it relocks. Owner's Manual -- page 4-8.

Sounds like you could use the PDF version -- easy to find what you're looking for.
Thanks. I dropped my key fob in the snow a while ago and I thought it was malfunctioning.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It does it sooner than "a few minutes" I've unlocked it by hitting the unlock button like a mad man while walking up to the car, and by the time it reaches it.... LOCKED! I kinda like the feature tbh.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've experienced this with every remote-lock vehicles I've ever owned (and rented)... i think this is pretty standard, and has been around a while

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
30 seconds is what I think the time is..

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It's kind of documented in chapter 4, although it appears to be only for Smartkey, it works also with the fob.
✽ NOTICE
After pressing the button, the doors
will lock automatically unless any
door is opened within 30 seconds.
Then there are these aftermarket remote starters that will lock the doors automatically after starting, for security. On another car that I had remote started, I once put the keys on the seat to pick up the snow brush, closed the door, clear up the snow, then the engine turned off and the doors locked with the keys on the seat. Very smart!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts