1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mine has neither. The place where the button is in the diagram is where the backup camera would go, if I had one. Perhaps that manual in your link is for a different country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2015 SE has a regular key, not the smart key. Where the trunk switch is on a smart key vehicle there's a non-operating plastic plug filling the hole where the switch is supposed to be so if your car uses a regular ignition key then no, you can only open the trunk with the fob or the lever by the driver's seat.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can put the rear seats down and crawl into the trunk and pull the safety to open the trunk from the inside.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Or your cars probably have auto-trunks where you stand near the trunk for a few seconds and it opens on its own...that's what they have done for 2016.
Its not possible you don't have a button to open it from the outside.

·
Registered
308 Posts
On my 2015 the only way is fob or lever. A friend of mine added a button to his where the OEM button would go and it works when the car is unlocked. I don't see the point since I need the fob to unlock may as well just use the fob to get in.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Inside lever, fob or touch pad are my options. No key hole on the trunk.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Or your cars probably have auto-trunks where you stand near the trunk for a few seconds and it opens on its own...that's what they have done for 2016.
Its not possible you don't have a button to open it from the outside.

That may only be for the Limited with tech package vehicles. I also know this is a 2017 option as well.

On my 2016 Limited I have the lever in front, my key fob, and the proximity button next to the backup camera. I think I would be to impatient to stand there for 3-5 seconds waiting for the lid to pop before I tried to press the button.

·
Registered
308 Posts
All joking aside I found an unused pin on a connector in the SJB that when energized pops the trunk.

Could use this to add another unlock method if you wanted.

However 2 ways in is already plenty no?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have also been trying to figure this out
I have a 2016 GLS (canada)

so assume u can only open the trunk in side the car or by holding the the trunk button on the key fob

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have also been trying to figure this out
I have a 2016 GLS (canada)

so assume u can only open the trunk in side the car or by holding the the trunk button on the key fob
With my 2015 Limited with keyless entry, I can use the trunk lever by the driver seat, hold down the trunk button on the remote control, or have the keyfob in my pocket while I press the button under the rear deck lid. If you don't have keyless entry there's probably a keyhole somewhere, though just going by memory I don't think my 2015 (Canadian) owner's manual showed the keyed version with the key where the OP's pic has it; I think it was on the left side up under the deck lid.

·
22,777 Posts
I think I would be to impatient to stand there for 3-5 seconds waiting for the lid to pop before I tried to press the button.
Valid point. My first rodeo with this feature. I have "slowed my roll" when approaching the trunk. By the time I get there, the third flash has occurred and I'm a second away from the grand opening.

But you're right. I get impatient and press the button under the trunk lip. "If" my hands are ever full, I can appreciate the benefit it offers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts