Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I could look in my owners manual but I figured this would give me a chance for my first post :)

Just bought a '13 Elantra GT with the panorama roof, and I love it. My question is - when I open the door at night there is no "dome light" anywhere that I can see. Is this "working as designed" or am I just blind?

This is a great little car - bought it for all of my daily driving and eventually teaching the kids to drive. Wish it were a manual transmission but I think it might be better for the kids to learn on an automatic. Personally I love sticks - I have a 2004 BMW convertible thats a 6 speed manual and nothing gives me more pleasure than rowing my own gears.

SteveH

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just set the switch to the right of the panoroof switch to its middle position. The two map lights should come on when the doors are opened. There is no dome light for the backseat area, just individual lights over each door that are not activated by opening the doors.

Geoff

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome hockeynut! Yeah, the two front map lights come on when you open the doors on mine. The tiny little ones in the back above the passenger doors do NOT come on automatically unfortunately (bad design IMHO).

Mine's a daily-driver and I love it! I've got about 27k miles on it now and it's still perfect. I have the MT and really like it...I've always loved sticks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just set the switch to the right of the panoroof switch to its middle position. The two map lights should come on when the doors are opened. There is no dome light for the backseat area, just individual lights over each door that are not activated by opening the doors.

Geoff
Thanks - will check that out tomorrow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome hockeynut! Yeah, the two front map lights come on when you open the doors on mine. The tiny little ones in the back above the passenger doors do NOT come on automatically unfortunately (bad design IMHO).

Mine's a daily-driver and I love it! I've got about 27k miles on it now and it's still perfect. I have the MT and really like it...I've always loved sticks.
I saw the little ones in the back but they didn't have any middle position.

We lived in Boca back in the mid 1990s. I do miss the beach!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts