Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (Cowsride @ May 6 2010, 04:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320320
I'm trying to find an aftermarket air intake for my 2009 Sonata. Not just one of those filters that K&N makes..
Anyone have any info?
Which engine do you have?
For the 2.4 there's a SRI available... B&B makes one for $159... they apparently have one for the V6 as well. maddnotez had one on his 2.4. I made a CAI for the V6 for about $140, I didn't use all the pipes I bought, and could have saved money buying the pipes separately.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (cjones1025 @ May 7 2010, 10:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320554
http://www.drivemods.com/product/Weapon-R-...ke/Default.aspx

Im thinking about getting this one but not sure that I wanna have to worry about taking it off if I go to dealer, is it worth it?
I think you should be fine. I have my CAI in every time I go to the dealer. If you go for warranty work on the engine, they might question whether or not the intake had anything to do with it, but they need to prove that it was the intake.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone hear anything about the B&B one? I looked up some other reviews and it didn't seem to be getting any good comments especially since they have the one with the fan that seems like a gimic

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was looking at the B&B intake for my 2009 4Cyl sonata as well but it looks cheap and i haven't heard much about it so i have doubts. I think you might be better off getting a local shop to do a custom intake.

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (blongen @ May 11 2010, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321844
I was looking at the B&B intake for my 2009 4Cyl sonata as well but it looks cheap and i haven't heard much about it so i have doubts. I think you might be better off getting a local shop to do a custom intake.
I got tha BnB one its not bad .. but its onley really getting sound out of the bonnet ... 2 me its not wort tha 100 $ .. just to make your sonata roar a bit .. plus its only roaring when you push it to higher revs like 2600 and up .. so your tempted to press accelerator down 4 nutting spending extra gas dollars ...

If you still want one !! try the dual air one from wepon R and give me some news after testing it please .. thats the one i should of bought !!! hehe looks better and you probably can hook it up better to oem system all readdy in place in the car !!

Have fun !!

·
Registered
550 Posts
You can make one very easily from any autopart's store generic intake kits. The aluminum tubing, rubber connectors, clamps and filter should cost about $60. Just measure the aluminum tube carefully before you hack saw. Although the engine will sound better and have slightly better throttle response, the fuel mileage will not change.

[attachment=18267:IMG_9459.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (Blue07 @ May 24 2010, 01:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325841
You can make one very easily from any autopart's store generic intake kits. The aluminum tubing, rubber connectors, clamps and filter should cost about $60. Just measure the aluminum tube carefully before you hack saw. Although the engine will sound better and have slightly better throttle response, the fuel mileage will not change.

[attachment=18267:IMG_9459.JPG]
The car is just going to be sucking in hot air where it is. Again cold air intake really a waste of time. 2nd if you hit a big puddle I've read about people sucking in water and damaging their engines. Like I said, intakes don't make to big a difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.