Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sonata Sport 2.4L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

As far as I can remember I've had cars that were either hatchbacks or the rear windshield wasn't at such a sweeping angle.

I have had one **** of a time trying to clean that window! I think I have it clean and then at night I see streaks.

Here are my tools :
Invisible Glass
2 microfiber towels - 1 to clean and 1 to finish with

Was just wondering if anyone has a trick to doing it? I'm 6'1" - 250lbs so maneuvering around that backseat can get interesting! =)

Thanks for any tips/tricks, help and insight!

Dave

·
Registered
285 Posts
Greetings!

As far as I can remember I've had cars that were either hatchbacks or the rear windshield wasn't at such a sweeping angle.

I have had one **** of a time trying to clean that window! I think I have it clean and then at night I see streaks.

Here are my tools :
Invisible Glass
2 microfiber towels - 1 to clean and 1 to finish with

Was just wondering if anyone has a trick to doing it? I'm 6'1" - 250lbs so maneuvering around that backseat can get interesting! =)

Thanks for any tips/tricks, help and insight!

Dave
I have tried every glass cleaner I can find and them some. Even dishwashing liquid with lime juice and vinegar, and finishing with 'Wall Street Journal' quality newspaper.

It has come down to professional use procucts: glass cleaner and glass cleaning microfiber towels. Especially the microfiber towels: combination of polyester and polyamide.

From Detail King (www.detailking.com), I use RTU Glass Cleaner (https://store.detailking.com/Ready-To-Use-Glass-Cleaner-No-Streaks-or-Smears--Quart_p_2684.html) and Ultra Microfiber Black Diamond Glass Towels (https://store.detailking.com/streak-free-window-towels).

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've used this for glass in my house as well as my car windows -- Zep Commercial ZUFGC19 19 Oz Zep...
This stuff is AMAZING.

As far as cloths, I use a big microfiber towel. I don't remember where I got it from. Probably Target or Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Car wax. Yes car wax. Wax on like your doing your paint, let dry to a haze, wax off. Use micro fiber to take off.

If you don’t trust me wax one of your house mirrors and I bet you’ll never use winded again ?

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I also use car wax which is a liquid wax. Ibiz is the name.

·
Registered
404 Posts
All great suggestions but I want to add that if you fine one of those 'as seen on TV' car windshield cleaning wand thingy, grab it and run!! We all know how much of a pain the windshield and rear one are to reach to clean!!!

That little curved arm pad thing works great at holding a microfiber towel and allowing you to more comfortably clean the glass.

Before I bought one I would fold the back seats down and sit with my legs into the trunk to clean the rear glass and even that was a pain.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Alcholhol, 91% isopropyl. Blue GLASS detailing rag. Lay in the trunk, back against the layed forward rear seats, spray and wipe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use the wand with micro fibre pads and works like a dream. It really gets into the nooks and crannys of the window without having to be a contortionist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts