Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
:00000732:

You're the first person I've ever heard complain that Webtech isn't comprehensive enough but quite honestly, I don't think you'll find anything better that won't charge you an arm and a leg. The fact that Hyundai offers this to its clients (free of charge no less) is nothing short of amazing and I think it's a great gesture. If you do find anything, please be sure to let us know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was told that it was a lifetime filter that did not need to be replaced but in my Santa Fe (2005 model) it is a filter that is to be replaced every 5 years and is located beside the fuel tank. People I know with older models did not have issues with their in-tank filters but I guess Hyundai decided to install easy access ones for replacement for newer model years. So if you wanted to change it for maintenance no need unless there is a problem with the fuel delivery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jun 18 2010, 06:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334024
:00000732:

You're the first person I've ever heard complain that Webtech isn't comprehensive enough but quite honestly, I don't think you'll find anything better that won't charge you an arm and a leg. The fact that Hyundai offers this to its clients (free of charge no less) is nothing short of amazing and I think it's a great gesture. If you do find anything, please be sure to let us know.

Quite honestly I had to call a small repair shop about a gas filter?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Owners manual says to replace the fuel filter 52.5K miles or 42 months. HMA service looks like they messed up the repair manual again, which is normal, so there is no diagram.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I never said it was perfect but for the price (free) it can't be beat.

P.S. The firing order for all three engines is in your owners' manual.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
There are Chilton manuals available for the Santa Fe but the consumer version of Webtech is watered down from the actual site used by dealers and their technicians.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have Haynes manuals for my Elantra and SF. I think between the manuals available and using online resources (here, HMA service, just doing online searches) one can come up with most of the answers to questions. OBD-II tool (my next purchase) helps too.

Sam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts