Hyundai Forums banner

Is there a how to on led drl in projector lights?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Bluetroll 
#1 ·
Got a 15 that came with the projectors and would like to wire in the led strip as drl while its in gear. Is there a how to put here? I couldn’t find anything

#3 ·
I only know one way to do this.

1. tap a fuse in the interior cabin fuse box that only switches when the key is in ACC. pull the wire to the engine bay.
2. optional if you want the DRL led to turn off when low-beam are on. Connect the wire from the fuse box to a relay. Tap the power wire of the driver's side low-beam and connect to the switch on the relay. As soon as the relay receives power from the low-beam it will switch off the LED.
3. take the power wire on the other end of the relay or from the fusebox and connect to your driver's side LED. Tap the power wire and attached to the passenger side LED.

#4 ·
Thanks, sounds easy enough. I checked the plug and there is 12v constant when running there so wasn’t sure if I can jump it inside the light or maybe one of the empty pins would do it if 12v there.
Where can I find schematics on the headlight harness for a car that came equipped with these headlights?
Or maybe Canada these were wired as drl’s. I can compare.

It’s something that should’ve been done oem for sure

#5 ·
There's an actual DRL harness used for Canadian Accent's with DRL. It will be too complicated. Also, from what I believe, the DRL mode pulses the current, so it might kill your LEDs.

There is at least 1 fuse that switches with ACC. I use it for my dash cam. Try the radio fuse.

This method is probably the easiest way. It's the way most headlight retrofitters install LED halos or strips in the headlight housing.

I was going to wire LED DRL using this method with my CDN Accent HID retrofit, but I figured out how to wire the fog lights to be on all the time as soon as it is in ACC. I had to disable the factory DRL, otherwise the pulsing current would've fried the HIDs.

#6 ·
My guess.... it’s not gonna be easy. Unless it’s a pin on the plug I can power up to do it. Don’t feel like baking the lights to re-wire them in the housing. I tried to pull a light and couldn’t. Is there a lower bolt behind the bumper cover? I got the rear top and front top out and felt very snug still

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.