Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At my dealer there's a third-party Fidelity (JM&A) warranty and they also have their own warranty... what's the general consensus about these warranties? And how much did you all pay for yours? I got the Fidelity warranty (didn't realize at the time Hyundai has their own) but it can be canceled within 60 days for a 100% refund and I may cancel it to get the HPP extended warranty... What has been your experiences with these warranties? Is Fidelity a reputable company (it appears they have a lot of bad reviews online)?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If memory serves JM&A is not exactly a factory service contract. But to be fair....Even GM has gotten out of the service contract business. The current GM plans are not administered by GM either.

Now do you need one/ LOTS of variables here.....

Do you really need a contract? Will you run the vehicle until it dies or trade it at a certain point? Do you have a base vehicle or one with all of the bells and whistles? The more toys you add the greater the chance of a failure. The longer you plan to keep the vehicle the greater the chance that it will pay off.

There are good and bad Dealer, independent, and factory policies out there. Read the contracts THOROUGHLY. Pay particular attention to items that are not covered. Do you need a supplemental "Tech package) to cover all of the toys in your new vehicle? Does it cover seals and gaskets if they are the cause of a fluid leak? Also pay attention to what they consider to be a failure. Some do not consider wear to be a failure, so as one example.....If at some point down the road after the powertrain warranty has expired you have oil consumption due to worn piston rings...It may not be covered. Does the contract specify factory parts, or are "like kind and quality" (Used) parts allowed to be used.

Prices for the contracts ARE negotiable. I have broken even or been ahead with most of the contracts I have purchased over the years. Keep in mind that having a contract may also get you a rental vehicle if yours is down for service, even during the factory warranty period. That may be important to you.

Everyone's needs are different. Dig into the details of the contracts and see if one makes sense for you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Our dealer is part of a large dealer group for many manufacturers...and they also happen to be part owner of a warranty company.

So we got our 10=year, 100K miles warranty doubled within our purchase price (not a separate cost line item) - they do it automatically on all vehicles they sell.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The dealer where my wife works at does that also. The catch is you have to get all of the service work done by the book by the dealer. If the owners manual says to service of replace something you have to do it for the enhanced warranty. All dealers may not be the same. Read the fine print. If you did all of the service over 10 years of 100,00 miles, they could afford to do some free work for you. Not saying it is a bad deal. Just read the fine print.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The dealer where my wife works at does that also. The catch is you have to get all of the service work done by the book by the dealer. If the owners manual says to service of replace something you have to do it for the enhanced warranty. All dealers may not be the same. Read the fine print. If you did all of the service over 10 years of 100,00 miles, they could afford to do some free work for you. Not saying it is a bad deal. Just read the fine print.
Yeah...that's not a requirement in the fine print at the dealer here. They literally just double the term of coverage of the Hyundai warranty. Recent court rulings prohibit any manufacturer to mandate doing service only at their dealers. Hyundai recently changed their warranty lingo accordingly. They can recommend it or suggest it, but not require it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts