Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Question #1

Is regular checkup for every 10,000 km necessary? Or can I skip servicing at the dealer and do it on small workshops?

Last time I did service to my Accent 2008 was 40,000 km and changed oil after then for an average of every 6,000 km.

I am now on 61,000 km and a sheet from service says I must service that car on 60,000 km.

The official service costs a lot, around $600 and It is painful.

Question #2

What is the expected maximum kilometrage for the car (i.e the distance the car can run smoothly before i need to buy a new car) given that no bad accidents/damages happened and service is done frequently.

Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can get it done at any qualified mechanic, but make sure you do get it done. If you really need a timing belt replacement, it is important.

It is actually quite surprising to me that they require timing belt at 60K kms. In my new Accent, the requirement is 60K miles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do not listen to the dealer or you'll consistently pay 400-600$ for random services you don't need. I just follow the service manual that came with the car.
My car has a little over 43000km and I got the spark plugs done, my 2008 accent doesn't need a timing belt change until about 96,000km so just inspect it every so often.

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE (LukeSki @ Nov 6 2010, 11:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369499
Do not listen to the dealer or you'll consistently pay 400-600$ for random services you don't need. I just follow the service manual that came with the car.
My car has a little over 43000km and I got the spark plugs done, my 2008 accent doesn't need a timing belt change until about 96,000km so just inspect it every so often.
Be careful with the timing belt. The manual in my '08 Accent says 96,000 km but then also says under severe conditions like driving where salt is put on the roads in the winter it is 60,000 km. Your signature is in Canada and most places in Canada use salt unless you are out west. There are a bunch of other severe use for the timing belt as well so just make sure you look farther in the manual under severe maintenance not just the first few pages. Hyundai does a really good job of specifiying what constitutes severe maintenance in the owners manual.

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (Calbar @ Nov 7 2010, 08:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369653
Be careful with the timing belt. The manual in my '08 Accent says 96,000 km but then also says under severe conditions like driving where salt is put on the roads in the winter it is 60,000 km. Your signature is in Canada and most places in Canada use salt unless you are out west. There are a bunch of other severe use for the timing belt as well so just make sure you look farther in the manual under severe maintenance not just the first few pages. Hyundai does a really good job of specifiying what constitutes severe maintenance in the owners manual.
case in point watson, case in point,
inspect belts regularly, especially in harsh winter climates

1 - 6 of 6 Posts