Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks I'm a little confused about Warranties.
Basically I'd like to know is my car under warranty or not?

It's a Sept 2007 i30 Comfort Petrol 1.4 5 door.
There is only 23,000 miles on the clock.

It had it's last service from the dealer last July and on my windscreen he has stuck a little tag stating next service July 2014.

So MUST I have to bring it to a dealer or can a any garage / or mechanic work on my car instead?

Thanking you in advance.

Masserman

·
9,149 Posts
Usually you have to go back to the dealer for servicing if you want your warranty in force.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Folks I'm a little confused about Warranties.
Basically I'd like to know is my car under warranty or not?

It's a Sept 2007 i30 Comfort Petrol 1.4 5 door.
There is only 23,000 miles on the clock.

It had it's last service from the dealer last July and on my windscreen he has stuck a little tag stating next service July 2014.

So MUST I have to bring it to a dealer or can a any garage / or mechanic work on my car instead?

Thanking you in advance.

Masserman
Hi Masserman
I dont know what warranty your car will qualify for - as if it had a 5year warranty that will have expired in July 2012. I guess it will have a warranty if you have just bought it from a dealer though.
So if warranty is not an issue, I suggest that you take it to a garage that you trust, or that is convenient to you, or that is cheapest. I cant imagine that there is much on a manual /petrol i30 to dismay a decent independant garage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Masserman
I dont know what warranty your car will qualify for - as if it had a 5year warranty that will have expired in July 2012. I guess it will have a warranty if you have just bought it from a dealer though.
So if warranty is not an issue, I suggest that you take it to a garage that you trust, or that is convenient to you, or that is cheapest. I cant imagine that there is much on a manual /petrol i30 to dismay a decent independant garage.
Hi Talking Hoarse

I will have the car two years this July having bought it from the dealer. It underwent its second MOT last September. I took it to the dealer last July for a service, I was told then that was it's first service (though the day I bought it the dealer told me they serviced it before letting me drive it away).

Im expecting the dealer to send emails and texts and even phone me to say I'm due the service etc etc. After having a bad experience from that particular dealer last year (scratches on panel, and cailber fault after they had replaced rear brakes
I really am loathed to return to them.

IS it law that I'm required to take it to any Hyundai dealer for servicing? When I bought the car their was only 10,000 miles on the clock. With what I thought was one year warranty.
When it was serviced last July they found that the A/C was faulty and replaced it under warranty. Same with the rear brakes.

When I bought the car I bought it to have for as many years as possible as its a fairly decent car, low mileage and runs like a dream, now. I have a mechanic friend who isn't expensive and has his own garage, but can't stamp the service book.

Am I covered by law by allowing him to deal with my car?

When the time comes for me to sell the car which I hope will be many years from now Im not bothered about service history as I know i'll be selling a safe clean car. Am I wrong in doing this or should dealers service it.
?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts