Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only had my new 2011 sonata for 3 days. The XM nav traffic and weather was working fine on first day. But yesterday, I noticed that it was grey out. I called XM and was informed that 3 months trial is for XM radio only. Is that true? Can anyone verify?

I live in Los Angeles area and felt that traffic info is a must. I wanted to experience it before subscribing it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have all the features (XM data,traffic,stocks) all with my free trial. Maybe try calling again. Good luck.
Oh yeah, :00000732: to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (azpirin @ Sep 25 2010, 03:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358722
I only had my new 2011 sonata for 3 days. The XM nav traffic and weather was working fine on first day. But yesterday, I noticed that it was grey out. I called XM and was informed that 3 months trial is for XM radio only. Is that true? Can anyone verify?

I live in Los Angeles area and felt that traffic info is a must. I wanted to experience it before subscribing it.

I've had my GLS for a bit longer than a month, and all is working for me.
I found the traffic report in Boston to be way off though, it's really hung me out to dry a few times already...

·
Registered
564 Posts
QUOTE (azpirin @ Sep 25 2010, 03:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358722

Per Hyundai's website, the free trial is 90-days:

"XM NavTraffic®, XM NavWeather®, XM sports, and XM stock (90-day complimentary subscription)"

XM radio is not in a position to be denying customers their free trials. Your best option is to call XM again and "kindly demand" they activate the features for the 90-day trial. If they continue to refuse, get your salesperson involved and have him/her call XM on your behalf (with you present with them when they call.)

Most likely it was just an uninformed XM operator you spoke with.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I got 3 months free trial of XM radio, Traffic, Weather, Stocks, and Sports, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just renewed after my trial period for the xm everything plan for $77 for 12 months, which includes xm data. For the 3 month trial, I had both the radio and the data plan, :w00t: so it looks like you are being shortchanged. :w00t:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all,

Thanks for the reply. I did called XM. They kept saying I only get XM radio trial but will override to package trial. So I got it back. My concern is what if I like the service after trial. I did not have much pleasant experience with the operator becuase they kept forward me to other agent and had to verify my information each time new agent was on the phone.

Anyhow, I got it and it's a must have.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
QUOTE (azpirin @ Sep 25 2010, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358769
Hi all,

Thanks for the reply. I did called XM. They kept saying I only get XM radio trial but will override to package trial. So I got it back. My concern is what if I like the service after trial. I did not have much pleasant experience with the operator becuase they kept forward me to other agent and had to verify my information each time new agent was on the phone.

Anyhow, I got it and it's a must have.
XM will be calling you in the 2nd month of trial to ask you to sign up to a full plan after the 30days. Once your into the final month of trial they will be calling weekly offering discounts each time. Just keep refusing their offers. Final 2 weeks they will call 2 - 3 times a week with even better offers. Agan turn them down. Once the trial ends they will call and mail you offers and this is when you can really bargain with them. They will most likely try to sell you the full package of data too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We get shafted in Canada with XM (Sirius) radio. Much better in the US as with your 100,000 mile warranty, we get 60,000? Good advice to ignore them and let them send you new offers. I will and I can fall back on my MP3 player or CD's. My traffic and weather is greyed out here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called about this about two weeks into the trial. The Traffic option worked the first two days. After (finally) getting a representative on the phone I was told it wasn't included in the trial. After reading this thread I called back and it was added no problem. Pain in the butt, but at least it's working now!

-jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
How long did it take for XM to add the NavTraffic back onto your radio?

I also only had the trial for 2 days. I called XM about 5 times about this now. The first 2 times they said Traffic wasn't part of the trial or my radio is not compatible with the traffic. Even though I had it for 2 days! 1 guy put me on hold for 10 minutes while he added it and told me to keep my car in clear view of the sky for the next 15 minutes while they send the activation signal, but it was never activated. I called 2 other times and they both again said my radio is not compatible but they will write a repair ticket and have it added ASAP but it takes 5-7 days so I'm stuck waiting. I told them I'm getting sports, stocks, and sometimes weather but they still said data is not part of the trial and kept saying my car isn't compatible with traffic even though I had it for 2 days and my navigation has buttons for traffic and has a screen that give XM's phone number and my radio ID to activate traffic

I even called Hyundai about this and the girl that answered asked where I read that the data package was included in the trial. I told her it's on the Hyundai website! She had me tell here where I saw it while she confirmed. Then she put me on hold while she asked her supervisor who said they're just mentioning traffic, stocks, sports, and weather are features of XM radio. Even though on the website it says "XM NavTraffic®, XM NavWeather®, XM sports, and XM stock (90-day complimentary subscription)" I told her it was false advertising but she said NO because they have it in parenthesis. I told her even my dealer told me data was included for 90 days and she tells me I have to work it out with my dealer since it was a promise from them. She explained Hyundai's contract with XM is only for 90 days free radio and no data. I told her I'm getting sports and stocks for free and she couldn't explain.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (azpirin @ Sep 25 2010, 02:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358722

Do you have the sticker sheet for your car? It should be stated on the sheet (90 days free)

·
Registered
365 Posts
90 days sucks. When I bought my Jeep with Sirius, they give you a free year subscription.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Funny thing is I have been using XM (plus data, but not traffic) since I bought my car three weeks ago but never had to activate it?? I did the /oemrefresh link (a few weeks ago, just because) that was posted on this forum and gave it my radio ID and it has been working just fine. I haven't given them any of my personal information so am i running on a package intended for vehicles that haven't been sold yet?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (Drexx3 @ Nov 22 2010, 09:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373999
Funny thing is I have been using XM (plus data, but not traffic) since I bought my car three weeks ago but never had to activate it?? I did the /oemrefresh link (a few weeks ago, just because) that was posted on this forum and gave it my radio ID and it has been working just fine. I haven't given them any of my personal information so am i running on a package intended for vehicles that haven't been sold yet?

i don't think you are. i never gave xm anything personal about me. i believe the dealer does it. and, your 90 days starts when they do it. a few weeks back, i got a subscription in the mail from xm....for about $150 bucks for the year. i threw it away. a week or so after that, i received a letter from them that my free trial period will end 12/9 and i must call to continue service immediately. that date goes back to 2 weeks AFTER i signed the papers on the car, and it was working in the car when i test drove it. so, i think they dealer turns in your information, and from that date, your 90 days begin.

dont' be fooled...they will be sending you a letter with great packages for your sign up for! btw, i won't be signing up as the traffic option isn't offered here. if i want music...i got plenty of it with cd's...mp3's....zune....ipod...and HD radio. all for free.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
As part of the free trial you get traffic and XM. But a funny thing happened to me: I noticed that my XM Data light started showing up on my Nav system the other day. I went and I have gotten XM for three days now. I am a couple months outside my trial and it was off, but now its on. Wonder what glitch has happened? *scratches head*

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Nov 23 2010, 02:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374232
As part of the free trial you get traffic and XM. But a funny thing happened to me: I noticed that my XM Data light started showing up on my Nav system the other day. I went and I have gotten XM for three days now. I am a couple months outside my trial and it was off, but now its on. Wonder what glitch has happened? *scratches head*
I have had my car for about a month already and ts working fine. About a week ago XM called me about a promotion they had. I paid around $30 and got an extra 6 months on top of my 3 free months so that was to good to pass by. I live in the San Diego area and traffic info is a must.

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE (drumrob23 @ Nov 23 2010, 02:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374240
I have had my car for about a month already and ts working fine. About a week ago XM called me about a promotion they had. I paid around $30 and got an extra 6 months on top of my 3 free months so that was to good to pass by. I live in the San Diego area and traffic info is a must.
That sounds good but just make sure you cancel your subscription before this time is up because I have read that they will automatically charge you full price to your credit card if you don't cancel. Don't know if it's true but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Nov 23 2010, 03:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374251
That sounds good but just make sure you cancel your subscription before this time is up because I have read that they will automatically charge you full price to your credit card if you don't cancel. Don't know if it's true but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

wow i would be ****! can anyone answer if the mlb is included in the subscription?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts