Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got my i30 tourer and I'm enjoying it so far.
However I often have the dog in the boot (I need to get a boot liner), and sometimes I want to leave her in the car for a few seconds, but lock the car.
In my old Focus, i could turn off the internal alarm, so that when I locked the car, the dog moving about would not activate the alarm.
Is there a way to do similar on a Hyundai?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but please be cautious leaving your pets in the vehicle even if the windows are rolled part way down. Even on a moderately warm day, the interior temperatures rise much higher, quite quickly. You wouldn't want to return to find a sizzling "hotdog."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, of course, I would never leave the dog in the car on a hot day. But living in the Scottish climate we don't have too many hot days. Cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
I thought I would not have a need for this either, but after leaving my car with the mobile detail guy at work, I realized I cannot lock it with the remote, and only had the guy the key since the alarm went straight off opening the door with just the key... Would giving the guy just the valet key work in this instance?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Are you sure you have a motion alarm in your car? Here the car alarms only triggers when the door opens, not when something moves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't tried either of these two options I give but,

1. pop the bonnet then lock the doors
2. lock the car using the physical key

1 - 6 of 6 Posts