Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday I washed my new SF by hand and realized I have a big scratch in the trunk lid :eek:
No idea how that happened, I have been driving my 07 SF for 4 years and never put a scratch on it.
Is it possible that the paint is peeling off or somehow something hit the car?
Anyway, how to fix this now?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Definitely looks like a scratch/chip. The top shows a short scuff where whatever hit either started contact, or ended contact. I bet someone walked out of a store with something in their arms (I suspect something somewhat sharp and possibly metal) and clipped your trunk when they were loading in theirs. It sucks, and is frustrating that people are so damned ignorant.

I think elsewhere in this or the SFS subforum, I posted positive results with a chip repair product call Langka chip repair kit.

Langka - Paint Chip Repair

Repaired some chips in my Obsidian Red Subaru Outback XT, so very similar colour to your LWB. Although the factory touch up paint was not a perfect match (nearly impossible to match the pearl effect using touch up), the chip was perfectly filled and flush with the existing paint surface. Takes time, several tries and elbow grease, but when I got it, it looked excellent.

I am sure there are other touch up kits out there as well.

Good luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts