Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everyone pleased with their choice of the Hyundai Venue? I'm looking at a 2021. How much could a buyer expect to be able to negotiate off the MSRP?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm pleased with mine. It's a 2020 and I've had it for sixteen months. My only (tiny) disappointment is that there is no map light between the visors for those times when you have to read something in the dark. I love the 42 mpg highway mileage. I also love the removable cargo floor in the hatch; it lets me stow all my ugly snow scrapers, etc., out of sight when I don't need them.

I doubt you can do much negotiating. These small cars have very little margin to start with; they are mostly there to entice customers to walk onto the showroom where they will try to upsell you on a more profitable model. You might be able to negotiate a bit on a trade-in, but that's probably it.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I'm pleased with mine. It's a 2020 and I've had it for sixteen months. My only (tiny) disappointment is that there is no map light between the visors for those times when you have to read something in the dark. I love the 42 mpg highway mileage. I also love the removable cargo floor in the hatch; it lets me stow all my ugly snow scrapers, etc., out of sight when I don't need them.

I doubt you can do much negotiating. These small cars have very little margin to start with; they are mostly there to entice customers to walk onto the showroom where they will try to upsell you on a more profitable model. You might be able to negotiate a bit on a trade-in, but that's probably it.

Good luck!
Did you mean to say 32 mpg highway instead of 42 mpg?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
You should be able to get at least $1500 off. A lot depends on rebates from Hyundai, your credit score and dealer incentives. I was able to get $3000 off on my new 2021 Venue SEL Premium, $1500 dealer incentive and $1500 Hyundai rebate.

·
Registered
2008 Optima LX 2.4
109 Posts
Finally, a Venue thread on my feed!
The Venue is a very practical, simple, and economical hatchback-suv-thing. It feels weird to say, but something about the design of the car, inside and out, is very charming to me. I would definitely go with the base model, I do not see any sense in paying for doo-dads and gadgets in a car like the Venue.
I have noticed it seems like they aren't very hot sellers. You never know what kind of price you can negotiate until you talk to the dealer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did you mean to say 32 mpg highway instead of 42 mpg?
Noooooo, I meant 42 mpg. At least, that's what the on-board computer tells me when I'm on highway trips. I haven't double-checked by actually calculating it based on mileage driven and gas purchased, because I never consume an entire tank on highway driving alone. On city-driving trips, the on-board computer reports about 28 mpg.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Noooooo, I meant 42 mpg. At least, that's what the on-board computer tells me when I'm on highway trips. I haven't double-checked by actually calculating it based on mileage driven and gas purchased, because I never consume an entire tank on highway driving alone. On city-driving trips, the on-board computer reports about 28 mpg.
Wow, that’s impressive! I do mostly city driving and I have been getting about 30 mpg on the trip computer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow, that’s impressive! I do mostly city driving and I have been getting about 30 mpg on the trip computer.
That's impressive, too! I used to live in Southern California, and if you are driving in Anaheim as indicated by your profile, then I'm impressed that you are getting 30 mpg in that kind of congestion.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
That's impressive, too! I used to live in Southern California, and if you are driving in Anaheim as indicated by your profile, then I'm impressed that you are getting 30 mpg in that kind of congestion.
I usually drive from 10 am to 2 pm. Traffic is light. Most major streets in Orange County are very wide. I also drive prudent, never exceeding the speed limit by more than 3 mph or taking off fast. In congested traffic the mileage drops to mid/upper 20’s. It’s a very fuel efficient car if driven right.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The M.P.G. on the display could be off up to 4 m.p.g. from the calculated . Our '18 ACCENT is , so may apply to the VENUE with new engine and transmission . Thus , 42 could be 38 . Still impressive .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts