Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so which one and how is it and how much does it cost?

It appears that they have three types of service:
'Sirius Satellite Radio, XM Satellite Radio, and Sirius XM Radio'

I am not sure which one to get.

I currently am trying their free two month trial. I only get about a dozen stations. On the advertisement page they stated 160 channels.

Anyway when I try to load a manual station using one of their channels numbers not all the numbers show to chose.
Is this normal or is my radio screwed up?

I have a 2016 Tucson Limited

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have SiriusXM Select....About $115 a yr ($9.60 a month).....Its their discounted rate..but Im sure u can do better. Every year they send me a new invoice thats much higher...I say no thank you, but will stay at the current price and they say ok!! It has a lot of stations, at least 160..but no Howard Stern,lol

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Unfortunately every year you have to call and threaten to cancel, it is the only way to get the discounted rates. Really stupid sales model, existing customers get the shaft unless you make the phone call.

·
Registered
941 Posts
the 'type' of service is defined by the radio hardware... the original satellite radios were sirius or xm.. a receiver for each company. now they are the same and all new radios are siriusxm. that's the only service you will get.

my car has 6 months for $30.. when that expires i'll wait for their next 6 months for $30 offer to renew.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.0T
253 Posts
the 'type' of service is defined by the radio hardware... the original satellite radios were sirius or xm.. a receiver for each company. now they are the same and all new radios are siriusxm. that's the only service you will get.

my car has 6 months for $30.. when that expires i'll wait for their next 6 months for $30 offer to renew.
No need to wait for them to offer the 6/30 via email or anything. Just make a note on your calendar to call as your current 6 months is about to expire and just keep saying no to any other deal they offer you. Say you want the 6/30 and they will give it to you every time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No need to wait for them to offer the 6/30 via email or anything. Just make a note on your calendar to call as your current 6 months is about to expire and just keep saying no to any other deal they offer you. Say you want the 6/30 and they will give it to you every time.
This is what I've been doing also for my Tucson and my wife's. Yep, just say no until they offer it. They will.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The basic plan carries the channel I listen to, it's $5/month and no haggling with them....lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have enough data on your cellphone, I'd suggest switching to either Spotify, Apple Music, or something similar.
For me to have the same songs constantly being played on my favourite 6 stations was a waste of money..... I prefer more variety.

To each their own, of course :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have enough data on your cellphone, I'd suggest switching to either Spotify, Apple Music, or something similar.
For me to have the same songs constantly being played on my favourite 6 stations was a waste of money..... I prefer more variety.

To each their own, of course :)
XM radio had 2 stations that I actually listened to, then they dropped one of them. The DJs were getting almost as annoying as commercials, sound quality isn't very good, and signal goes in and out a lot around here. Canceled about 6 month ago and they still send me mail and email every 2 weeks or so trying to get me to sign back up for $5/month. For me not even worth that. Stream Google Play Music now. Can play whatever I want or have it create a "radio station" based on the music I listen to, instead of listening to the same 20-30 songs over and over again on XM. Tried Spotify first but kept having issues with glitches and losing sound while the app and car radio both said it was still playing..

·
Registered
660 Posts
I dunno if it was just my area, but during the free trial XM radio didn't work more often than it did. Sound quality would get real spotty and it cut out so frequently that it became distracting. I just use a little USB stick full of MP3s, or my phone when I want something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts