Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N-Line
23 Posts
The Elantra N looks very intriguing.... curious if anyone interested in the Elantra N?

Hyundai Elantra N

View attachment 459911
I'm very interested in it, but will be waiting a while after it comes out sense I just got the N line. I knew it was dropping later in the year when I bought the N line, but couldn't wait.

I'm curious to see the MSRP. Also curious on real world availability since it's so hard to find new cars right now.

It sounds amazing though. Will definitely be watching and prodding my wife to let me get one in a couple years!

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N-Line
23 Posts
I noticed today the 2021 Elantra N has 201 HP 1.6 liter engine and the 2022 has 280 HP 2.0 liter
2021 is Elantra N line. They are releasing this new trim level "N" which is higher performance than the N line. My understanding is that both trims will be available.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
holy cow. 289 lbs/ft, AND limited slip. gonna make a lotta sonata n line owners/wanters take notice. now, will there be a higher hp sonata n line? and where will it end?

·
Registered
890 Posts
hochiinn not just the rear but it needs a "little more work" in the front as well to make it more apealing just my 2cents. daughter has a 2014 elantra been hands down super super reliable as owning any Honda/toyota.!! product ... just saying

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
hochiinn not just the rear but it needs a "little more work" in the front as well to make it more apealing just my 2cents. daughter has a 2014 elantra been hands down super super reliable as owning any Honda/toyota.!! product ... just saying
i dont think reliable is the goal. and i have never cared what the car looks like on the outside, because most of the time i would not be looking at the outside. my last bmw 2002(73) had big patches of rust on the outside, with badly faded white paint. i even tinted a couple windows on the outside of the glass. inside were recaro seats, on electric frames, a/c, and a 5 gauge cluster i had made. under the hood was a turbocharged engine, 5 spd, and limited slip diff. 18 gal fuel tank from a tii turbo, alpina bilstein suspension, with tii turbo ventilated front discs. car looked like s**t on the ourside, but interior and engine bay were very clean.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i dont think reliable is the goal. and i have never cared what the car looks like on the outside, because most of the time i would not be looking at the outside. my last bmw 2002(73) had big patches of rust on the outside, with badly faded white paint. i even tinted a couple windows on the outside of the glass. inside were recaro seats, on electric frames, a/c, and a 5 gauge cluster i had made. under the hood was a turbocharged engine, 5 spd, and limited slip diff. 18 gal fuel tank from a tii turbo, alpina bilstein suspension, with tii turbo ventilated front discs. car looked like s**t on the ourside, but interior and engine bay were very clean.
2002 hey? that's an old vehicle the 2021 N elantra front & rear look's to me like its outdated styling... soory for offending anyone, but... that's the impression i got from the 2021 N elantra style.??

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
2002 hey? that's an old vehicle the 2021 N elantra front & rear look's to me like its outdated styling... soory for offending anyone, but... that's the impression i got from the 2021 N elantra style.??
i'm an old guy. and i am outdated. never had no styling, probably offended everyone, and left bad impressions.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I’m interested in one.

I currently drive a 2008 Civic Si sedan. It’s a great car that’s fun to drive, but it’s 14 years old, and has lived its entire life in the northeastern US. We got my wife a 2021 Santa Fe earlier this year, and it’s a very impressive vehicle.

The experience of the Santa Fe has made me consider Hyundai for my next vehicle. I’m looking forward to more in-depth and borough reviews of the Elantra N.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For me it depends on the price. If it goes too high, the Kia K5 GT, Accord 2.0t Sport, and the Sonata N Line are all in consideration. Plus Subaru is coming out with a rumored 300hp standard WRX, restyled for next year. They need to keep the Elantra N under $29k for it to be worth it.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,864 Posts
For me it depends on the price. If it goes too high, the Kia K5 GT, Accord 2.0t Sport, and the Sonata N Line are all in consideration. Plus Subaru is coming out with a rumored 300hp standard WRX, restyled for next year. They need to keep the Elantra N under $29k for it to be worth it.
As much as I want to agree with pricing under $30k, I don't think it is even possible at this point. They would have to assume they would sell that car in massive volume to get their return which I don't think any performance Hyundai will sell in the volume needed for that. It is coming in a 6 speed manual which will help pricing but I think that will likely be in the $32-33k range at best after destination. It boils down to if they are going to have an optional packages really which as we saw didn't work out for the Veloster N.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,864 Posts
I'm still wondering when Hyundai will let you start specing them out, I kinda want one
The EN and KN will make their US debut at the New York Auto show next month. We will likely hear pricing and US spec details then. I have heard they will be on lots by the end of the year as well but as fluid as things are right now that could change.

·
Registered
2020 SantaFe
190 Posts
I am also interested. When things cool down with the current market and the Elantra has some time on the market for owner results. I am also considering a Honda Civic hatchback. I want a manual transmission. I like the power of the Elantra over the Civic. It would be a strictly fun car for us. We both miss driving a manual.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rumors it will be near $35,000

1 - 20 of 22 Posts