Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ElantraGT 170000 miles. Asked Hyundai dealer to fit new Struts and Shocks. Was asked to pay for parts in advance and did so. Labor charge 600 dollars. Car taken in for repair, came out with clanging noise front driver side strut. Car taken in again, noise verified by dealership, came out with noise again. They want another 600 dollars to take suspension apart again, with no guarantee of success. Isn't a dealer repair a sort of 'Contract' to do a satisfactory repair, whether that is dealers' problem or even if customer is not satisfied? Or does the customer continue to pay 600 dollar installments until the car is OK? The noise is getting worse of course. I wish I had done the job myself - any offers? Your advice please?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You took the car in for repair. The repair was to install new struts and shocks, part of the suspension. They give you the car back and there is noise coming from the suspension. They f&$d up and did not install them correctly. They must install them correctly. You should not have to pay extra for that. If they are being a$$holes you will need to escalate and go to the General Manager and if he/she does not get it fixed. Go to Hyundai North America. It would be a different story if they installed the shocks/struts and now something not part of the suspension is not working or making noise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How many miles and how long was it before you took it back to the dealer? The shop should have some sort of minimum warranty on their work. Dealership near me offers 90 days/4000 miles, whatever comes first. This is on parts and labor.

They want another 600 dollars to take suspension apart again, with no guarantee of success.
This is such bullcrap.

So you shouldn't be paying them to fix their own mistake, please fight it and escalate it if necessary.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many miles and how long was it before you took it back to the dealer? The shop should have some sort of minimum warranty on their work. Dealership near me offers 90 days/4000 miles, whatever comes first. This is on parts and labor.

This is such bullcrap.

So you shouldn't be paying them to fix their own mistake, please fight it and escalate it if necessary.
Thanks for reply. I took the car back immediately, before leaving the dealership yard on two occasions.
Gil

·
Registered
86 Posts
ElantraGT 170000 miles. Asked Hyundai dealer to fit new Struts and Shocks. Was asked to pay for parts in advance and did so. Labor charge 600 dollars. Car taken in for repair, came out with clanging noise front driver side strut. Car taken in again, noise verified by dealership, came out with noise again. They want another 600 dollars to take suspension apart again, with no guarantee of success. Isn't a dealer repair a sort of 'Contract' to do a satisfactory repair, whether that is dealers' problem or even if customer is not satisfied? Or does the customer continue to pay 600 dollar installments until the car is OK? The noise is getting worse of course. I wish I had done the job myself - any offers? Your advice please?
just out of curiousity I was wondering if you had the engine tick of death or the block replaced? thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts