Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 09 Sonata limited with the factory ipod connector.

When I try to control the iPod through the factory head unit it's just a big mess. All 1200+ songs and podcasts are just mixed into 50 random files, and each individual file appears as random letters, like "AGFQ.mp3." When I hit options I can see the artist, track title, etc and they are correct. But being able to find what you want to listen is impossible.

Anyone know how to get it organized so you can find what you want?

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is how mine looks when hooked up. Did some reading (in the manual) and found that it has to be a 5th generation ipod or newer to work properly with the radio and factory cable. My ipod is ancient so the head unit is reading it like a portable drive and just displays the files it finds.

How old is your ipod?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My iPod Touch 2nd Generation used to work on via the Hyundai ipod cable in 2009 Sonata Ltd and then it stopped. Would always get a "Connection Failed" screen. Just had the nav unit fully replaced and it worked again, except only to play songs. If I accessed the playlists or artists or otherwise tried to navigate the ipod folders, it failed again. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awould, I had a similar problem with my 2nd gen touch..."ipod is empty" or "ipod failed" or when I tried to access a particular folder, it would stop. That problem is how I found this forum. The only thing that has worked for me is to turn the ignition to accessories, connect the ipod, wait for it to load, then start the car. This works about 80% on the first time. If it doesn't work, disconnect the ipod and try it again. I haven't had a problem connecting doing this. Yes, it is a pain in the keister, but if you want to use the ipod, I have come to accept this is the only way. There are several thread addressing this problem, so you might want to see what others are saying.

Btw, it seems to me that the connection problems started after installing the latest ipod update (version 4 I do believe).

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (MountaineerMike @ Jul 23 2010, 12:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344227
Awould, I had a similar problem with my 2nd gen touch..."ipod is empty" or "ipod failed" or when I tried to access a particular folder, it would stop. That problem is how I found this forum. The only thing that has worked for me is to turn the ignition to accessories, connect the ipod, wait for it to load, then start the car. This works about 80% on the first time. If it doesn't work, disconnect the ipod and try it again. I haven't had a problem connecting doing this. Yes, it is a pain in the keister, but if you want to use the ipod, I have come to accept this is the only way. There are several thread addressing this problem, so you might want to see what others are saying.

Btw, it seems to me that the connection problems started after installing the latest ipod update (version 4 I do believe).
My problems preceded the OS4, but I do think that update was a mistake. My Touch is slower now... used to be able to pop from playlist to playlist fast, now it has to load and it's a drag.

I will try your technique, and agree it is annoying but may be the best solution. I tried a friend's iPhone 3Q on my car and it worked great. Just like mine used to.... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts