Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having an issue connecting my ipod (orig version) to the USB. It auto plays songs alright, but only plays 15 or so ( i have 200+) is there something im not doing? i tried to drag my songs to a USB mem stick via PC but it wont let me? also read on google the car audio system may only be rec certain files from the ipod? wav or mp3? really want to be able to play all my songs in the SF :(
thx

·
Registered
759 Posts
I can't see why your iPod isn't working... make sure you don't have it stuck on a playlist or something.
Both my iPod Touch 1st Gen, and my iPhone 5 both work fine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't see why your iPod isn't working... make sure you don't have it stuck on a playlist or something.
Both my iPod Touch 1st Gen, and my iPhone 5 both work fine.

best way to find out if its stuck on a playlist is? from itunes on the PC Settings or something? thx

·
Registered
759 Posts
no, when your iPod is plugged into the SFS, go to songs, and "shuffle"... if you're only getting 15 songs before it stops.. something is wrong - no idea what.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
forgot to mention when i open my ipod on the PC to view files, i see the MP3 files and also see M4A files? its the M4A files that wont play? also seems to be in 3 diff folders F00, F01 and F02 in the "music" folder. Was able to trans ipod folders to my flash drive, will check flash drive in SF to see if they will play from that vs ipod itself

·
Registered
181 Posts
forgot to mention when i open my ipod on the PC to view files, i see the MP3 files and also see M4A files? its the M4A files that wont play? also seems to be in 3 diff folders F00, F01 and F02 in the "music" folder. Was able to trans ipod folders to my flash drive, will check flash drive in SF to see if they will play from that vs ipod itself

M4A files are the older iTunes AAC format and have DRM on them to prevent playing on other devices.

I've not tried in my Santa Fe as my ipod is still in the box but I know my old Alpine radio would not play the AAC files via the USB.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok thx for the info, guess you can't convert them. What about buying a new ipod shuffle? of course if i did that id have to start from scratch and put new songs on them, are all the new itunes songs in MP3 format?

·
Registered
181 Posts
ok thx for the info, guess you can't convert them. What about buying a new ipod shuffle? of course if i did that id have to start from scratch and put new songs on them, are all the new itunes songs in MP3 format?
It's not the player it's the files. Apple did away with DRM a few years ago so anything purchased after that are MP3 with no encryption.

I know at one point apply was letting people convert the DRM to non-DRM for $0.20 per song. Don't know if they are still doing that or not. That would be the legal way of doing it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, not like i have 1000 songs or anything, might think about getting another ipod shuffle anyways and start fresh with that one (mp3's only) which i would use in the SF etc, thx again D

Dave

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yup will try that tonight on itunes, watched a quick youtube vid on how to, hopefully ill be able to convert all to MP3's :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts