Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a i20. Was very amped to find out it had native ipod usb connectivity. Unfortunately The songs display as DCTY.mp3 or FTXI.mp3 etc.

I know this is technically the "name" of the song thats saved physically on the iPod. But is there no way I can display the actual title? Be able to navigate through the iPod folders (currently can only play from F01). Am I just expecting too much?

If anyone can help with this, it would be highly appreciated.

:puzzled:

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do the songs look in iTunes? It sounds to me that your songs haven't got a completed tag info. As long as your songs have a filename (which they do) Song name, Album name etc then they should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They play in iTunes perfectly. Its like the car reads the file names directly off the ipod (like it does with a flashstick), without taking tags into account. Thats my observation at least.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you using the Hyundai iPod connector? If you're using the iPod USB cable, it will do just what it's doing.

You need this cable:
http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/395563/87031...IPOD_IPHONE.jpg

I have the actual Hyundai cable and a knockoff. Both worked fine until my iPod decided to not work at all. I've read you should buy the authentic OEM cable. Usually somewhere between $25 and $50. You'd think they could supply that since you just spent $20-$30,000 on a car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts