Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2011 Tucson GLS, I tried out the the usb port to play one of my cheap mp3 players and it works fine, I can change the songs with the stereo controls. But when I plug in my ipod, it reads "error" and my ipod's display indicates its ejecting, which is strange because the USB port is also labeled "ipod" I have the latest Ipod Nano so I know its not outdated, someone told me you have to use another cable for the ipod, not the white cable that comes with your ipod. Does hyundai include this cable with the car because I never got one of those cables? If I do need to use another cable, what exactly is the difference between these cables that causes one to work and the other to not?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The iPod cable for the ix35 (which is what it's called here in Australia) was an optional extra. I believe it was $65 when I got mine - but I got them to include it in the package for free. Basically it's a USB + headphone jack cable in one...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your Huydai dealer can sell you a cable for your iPOD. It has a standard iPOd connector on one end and a USB/jack on the other. I paid ~40$ (CDN.) - I am in Ottawa and I can control my iPOD from my radio control. Like you, I tried a regular USB cables and a few aapters but never got it to work like with the dealer's cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts