Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new i30 and use my ipod regularly (connected to the USB port).

the music plays great but there is one MAJOR issue. The stereo system does not recognise the Ipod's taxonomy. Instead of showing menus by artists, genres, or albums, it groups all the music in my Ipod in folders (randomly as far as I can tell) and assign a four letter code to teach song. Songs within a given folder are organised in alphabetical order. the songs are of any band, genre or album.

We have found this to be very annoying as we can't choose what song we want to play. Even more annoying is that connecting the ipod to the USB port blocks the control pannel on the Ipod so that I have no choice but to use the I30s stereo to choose songs.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Is there a solution, should I ask my Hyundai dealer for help (given that the stereo is the original from the factory).

Many thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My iPod classic does the same thing, and after playing with it in the car, i decided to connect it to my laptop and explore the contents of the hard drive, and sure enough, all the songs are 4 letters long... so its not a problem with the car, its reading directly from the hard drive despite what the tags are in iTunes.

As mentioned in the other thread from the link provided by bizzay1, it seems the only option is to find an aftermarket cable that displays tags.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are not using the ipod cable supplied by Hyundai you may not be getting the full functionality. I know using a USB cable doesn't work properly but the ipod cable supplied by Hyundai does. Worth trying this. If the problem continues, speak with Hyundai who may be able to help. There could be a technical fault with the radio (see radio post).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts