Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still in the deciding mode of what Sonata I will get and what options I will get. Whatever I get, I know I will be listening to my ipod in my car ALL the time. So, does any one have pics of what the NAV looks like when the ipod is in use? Anyone have pics of the regular radio with ipod in use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you tried You Tube? Not pictures, of course. Moving pictures though. :thumbsup:

Seriously, I remember checking out You Tube for videos of the iPod interface. Should still be some on there, I would think.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I recommend that you take your iPod to the dealer and see if they will demonstrate it for you.

Nothing better than first hand experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Nov 1 2010, 09:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368140
I recommend that you take your iPod to the dealer and see if they will demonstrate it for you.

Can't agree more to this. I tried to find some videos/pictures online and on most reviews they would just show that the iPod was playing. Best to try them out for yourself, but if you're using it all the time, you'd probably benefit from the large NAV screen.

I went from a car that had iPod connectivity with a 3-line display to having the large touchscreen on the Sonata. The number of albums that display at a time and ease of selecting music definitely swayed me to the NAV.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Nov 1 2010, 08:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368140

I tried at the dealer, but they didn't have cables available... I thought that was a bit odd but didn't mind too much because I figured I could look on YouTube. However, all the you tube videos I've found don't show the actual iPod part of the nav system. I'll keep looking though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You will not regret getting the nav. I rely on my ipod 90% of the time and Pandora the other 5% with some XM and I'm VERY pleased with the interface. I like how the temperature and clock show on the nav screen also. It's worth the $$.

Ray

·
Registered
80 Posts
QUOTE (crayb @ Nov 1 2010, 10:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368153
You will not regret getting the nav. I rely on my ipod 90% of the time and Pandora the other 5% with some XM and I'm VERY pleased with the interface. I like how the temperature and clock show on the nav screen also. It's worth the $$.

Ray
I agree 100%! I think the navigation in my limited is very well done and I am super pleased that I chose to get it. The whole setup just seems to take the car up another notch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (jena55 @ Nov 1 2010, 10:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368148
I tried at the dealer, but they didn't have cables available... I thought that was a bit odd but didn't mind too much because I figured I could look on YouTube. However, all the you tube videos I've found don't show the actual iPod part of the nav system. I'll keep looking though.
Mine told me they didn't have any either, but funny thing about that is when I made it clear that knowing whether I wanted NAV for the iPod control was my obstacle in buying that day, they magically found one. Also left it in the car for me as a bonus for buying that day.

If you're looking at getting a limited, I'd get the NAV system because it comes with the upgraded stereo and the backup camera as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (tampajoe @ Nov 2 2010, 11:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368330
Mine told me they didn't have any either, but funny thing about that is when I made it clear that knowing whether I wanted NAV for the iPod control was my obstacle in buying that day, they magically found one. Also left it in the car for me as a bonus for buying that day.

If you're looking at getting a limited, I'd get the NAV system because it comes with the upgraded stereo and the backup camera as well.

I am actually looking at getting it on the GLS. I wanted an SE, but like the ride better in the GLS. If I go down a trim, I could afford the NAV... but wondering if it is worth it. Does it show pictures and stuff of albums or songs or basically just a listing??

·
Registered
349 Posts
The GLS with the NAV/Audio system is a great value I personally loved the ride and handling of the SE trim, IMO I feel like the SE with the NAV upgrade is the best value out of all the trim levels

As far as the GLS with the NAV this is a very nice package also, I would say if you can afford this set up to go for it! For the Ipod interface I believe it is the same as the other NAV screen systems and it will only display the the song/artist info in Text form and it does not display cover art. Its a very clean display and I enjoy it.

The only thing I would love to have seen is some sort of dock that you can set he Ipod into similar to how you can put them into an alarm clock or such. I guess that wanting a lot but hey, one can wish right!

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (jena55 @ Nov 2 2010, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368339
I am actually looking at getting it on the GLS. I wanted an SE, but like the ride better in the GLS. If I go down a trim, I could afford the NAV... but wondering if it is worth it. Does it show pictures and stuff of albums or songs or basically just a listing??
I haven't seen any pictures of albums or anything like that. Apparently there's a mode where you can just load a photo slideshow off of a device onto the screen, but haven't messed with that.

It's a listing of the albums, but it's so much easier to navigate than the 1-2 line displays on the regular stereo. It probably puts between 6 & 8 albums/songs up at a given time for you to look at. Add to that the problems that some people were having with the Dimension stereo displays fading in the heat, and to me the NAV was a must buy.

Another suggestion to see the differences is to load a USB drive with a bunch of folders containing songs. The interface will be the same for the iPod as it will be for the USB, and those are built in so the dealer can't say they don't have them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts