Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased iPod input jack (Hyundai P/N 96120 1E035WK) for factory radio on 2010 Accent. Connector on both ends, radio and jack have pins present, however, wires do not appear to be run. I have the pin-out for the radio, however, I do not know what pins need to be connected on the input to make it work. Does anyone have the wiring diagram from the back of the iPod Jack to the back of the radio so I can wire this up?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the wiring information.

Is there something that needs to be programmed into the radio to let it know the iPod jack is attached? When I plug it in it says no media detected. Using the factory cable so I don't think that is the issue.

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE (dlw1165 @ Oct 31 2010, 10:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367827
Thanks for the wiring information.

Is there something that needs to be programmed into the radio to let it know the iPod jack is attached? When I plug it in it says no media detected. Using the factory cable so I don't think that is the issue.
I think I know the answer... What Ipod do you have? My bet is an Ipod Touch with firmware >2.2.1 starting in firmware 3.0.0 apple started checking for some chip in the sync cable to the if the cable was apple authorized if not it failed to play. I was in a rental 2010 Elantra a couple month ago and it had an ipod integration built in I plugged it in and same issue. I did some reading because I was pretty sure there would be some **** off hyundai owners there is another cable that plug into that cable that authorizes new Ipods to play. I'll see if I can find the document I found about this.

This is the reason I love Apple they did stupid crap like this all the time and the feel no shame for screwing over the customer. I had an Alpine headunit with Ipod integration and the same Apple shenanigans broke my ipod integration and alpine said the stereo was end of life they weren't going to do anything to resolve it. I had to buy a new alpine stereo so my ipod would continue to work... :( I heard with firmware 4.0.0 it broker either Kenwoods or Pioneers integration and I think Jaguars OEM integration Apple love pissing off their customers...

Edit:

Here is the link you might want http://chrisgonyea.com/archives/2009/07/27...dai-elantra-se/

·
1,565 Posts
We just had the same problem. My wife's touch stopped working with her Santa Fe, so we rolled back the update and it works fine now. My Nano still works in both cars though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts