Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I hook up my iPod through my USB port and hit shuffle the iPod restarts after around five songs. It goes back to the 1st song alphabetically on the iPod. It will do this repeatedly. Extremely frustrating.

Visited my dealer and hooked up the iPod to another 2017 and 2018. Same issue. Have tried this with different iPods and cables. Same issue.

The dealer wants me to contact Hyundai to open an issue looking for a software modification for the radio.

Wanted to see if this was only happening with Santa Fe Limited Ultimate's since it's not happening on my wife's 2016 Tuscon Limited.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Read your Hyundai manual... there is no "IPOD" but various models of them over the past 17 years. Different Hyundai models/years will only work with certain "model" IPods for dash support. The 'classic" will only play music via the USB, no screen control. I believe the NANO will not do much but play via USB either. The "Touch" is the only one for sale anymore. That has Blue Tooth for streaming, not sure what dash support it offered.

If you are saying you are using the IPod controls for shuffle, how are you connecting it. If you are using the double connect Hyundia plug, you may be having a problem with the Hyundai touch screen commands and that IPod. Just using the headphone jack at both ends may eliminate that issue.

That model will most likely disappear in a few years as most people stream via their phones and use Blue Tooth headphones with their phones.
I highly doubt Hyundia would care about IPods anymore.

From the web:
Each combination of Hyundai model, iPod model and iPod generation have unique functionality. Please refer to your Hyundai owner’s manual for more details.
The Apple white cable and Hyundai black cable work differently in certain models/years of Hyundai cars.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the latest gen iPod touch, and my Santa Fe doesn't have the double connector like my Elantra did. I checked the manual and the vehicle's radio is supposed to support this gen of iPod. That is why I am frustrated. I like to plug in my iPod, hit shuffle and cruise. Obviously that is no longer an option.

I agree that Hyundai won't do anything about compatibility issues, if this was happening across the brand.

Since I like to keep my phone attached through blue tooth, I'll have to figure something else out.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Why not just switch to a single headphone jack ? It must be catching some commands from the USB port. Of course, it won't charge. I did see somewhere that there were problems when using the Hyundia cable (black - 2 pins) and just the Apple cable (white) depending on the car model and car radio type.

Are you using the Hyundai cable (2 pins) ?

Have you updated your IPod touch ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iPod is up to date, and I haven't tried the Hyundai cable. Last time I tried one, had more issues than not.

My next step is to use the single headphone jack.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Ask the dealer for one to try. If it works... E-bay or Amazon.. dealers want some $40

I wonder when they will eliminate this input ? The don't make a lighting cable, except for charging your phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts