Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to use the iPod cable to connect to iTunes and manage the iPod from a computer? I know the 3.5mm jack might be in the way, but if i was to use a cable extender on the USB portion, could i use it the same as the "official" iPod cable?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i have the hyundai cable. i'm asking if i can use that cable to attach the ipod to the computer. i have my work computer and a my computer at home, and would like to not have to carry severeal cables around. it'd be nicer if i can just pull the ipod from the car and drop it in my bag and use the hyundai cable to manage my ipod from itunes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (psuath @ Apr 30 2010, 11:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318215
no i have the hyundai cable. i'm asking if i can use that cable to attach the ipod to the computer. i have my work computer and a my computer at home, and would like to not have to carry severeal cables around. it'd be nicer if i can just pull the ipod from the car and drop it in my bag and use the hyundai cable to manage my ipod from itunes.

Hyundai Cable ?

I just got my car yesterday, was I supposed to receive a cable from Hyundai to hook up my Iphone to the car ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
My dealer threw in the cable free. It took a while to get it because they had to order it for me but now that I have it I have to say I'm quite impressed with it! I love having all the ipod information displayed on the center console's screen and being able to navigate my ipod from there. Before I got the cable I was using a regular audio cable I got from my brother
and was plugging it into the ipod's headphone jack. Needless to say the sound was less than impressive. But now It seems I'm hearing the full potential of the Dimension system and
it sounds great!

I highly recommend anyone out there with an ipod to get this cable. Like someone already mentioned here, the dealer will usually throw it in free if you ask.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Using Hyundai's ipod cable makes a direct digital connection to the audio system, plus you get to use the system's controls. Much less audio distortion this way.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (psuath @ Apr 30 2010, 11:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318210
is it possible to use the iPod cable to connect to iTunes and manage the iPod from a computer? I know the 3.5mm jack might be in the way, but if i was to use a cable extender on the USB portion, could i use it the same as the "official" iPod cable?
why complicate things? use the white apple cable and call it a day!

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 29 2010, 12:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337177
why complicate things? use the white apple cable and call it a day!

so there is no difference between the White Apple Ipod Cable that comes with your Ipod/iphone and then "offical" Hyundai ipod cable...??? both produce the same features on the nav? i'm supposed to pick my Sonata up today! just want to see if i need to ask for a cable. Thanks!

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Toshiro Toyama @ Jun 29 2010, 02:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337194
so there is no difference between the White Apple Ipod Cable that comes with your Ipod/iphone and then "offical" Hyundai ipod cable...??? both produce the same features on the nav? i'm supposed to pick my Sonata up today! just want to see if i need to ask for a cable. Thanks!
he asked about connecting to a computer, not the car

to CLARIFY:

1) use apple cable connecting ipod/iphone to computer
2) use hyundai cable to connect ipod/iphone in car
3) DON'T use either cable as replacement for either purpose

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 29 2010, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337196
he asked about connecting to a computer, not the car

to CLARIFY:

1) use apple cable connecting ipod/iphone to computer
2) use hyundai cable to connect ipod/iphone in car
3) DON'T use either cable as replacement for either purpose

so no white ipod cable that came with ipod in the car......

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (vestule @ May 3 2010, 09:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319098
Check your center console - they seem to like putting the cable in there for each one I test drove!
I asked my dealer to throw it in for free too, and he did, he did not have one in stock, but gave me an IOU, and then I found one in the center console as well, so we cancelled the IOU, I think you are right, they must like to put them in there, and the dealer does not know they are there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts