Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,
Bluetooth streaming from my iPhonre 3GS to the head unit in the GL is very pleasing, however, there is no control over playback without touching the device, which is a shame.

I'm aware there is an iPod cable, which will provide some control, but I'm not sure exactly what level of control you get with it. Does anyone have the cable and if so, can they tell me exactly what control you have over the device, what can be done via the steering wheel controls, etc... Does it only allow you to play via playlist, or can you, as you would on the device, run through, at least, the list of albums and then play from that. What about play/pause options too.

I could always pop down to the dealership and ask if they would let me play with the cable any my iPhone for 10 mins to figure out what it can/cannot do and then decide if I want to buy it, not sure how friendly they would be to that.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
With the iPod cable you get full control of the iPod through the radio and in the same manner you would if you were holding it in your hand. Here's a little YouTube video I put together so you can get an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0E0E5wbczo

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good choice of track there!

Thanks for the video, very informative, pop it on the 'tips and tricks' thread perhaps?

I'll pick up a cable over the weekend. Any idea if the dock connector end has rounded corners and is the same thickness as Apple's dock connector cables? I ask as I've got my phone in a case (otterbox defender) and I've had problems with third party USB dock connector cables as the dock connector portion does either not have rounded corners, or is thicker than the Apple one, thus it would require either modification of the cable or the case.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dropped by the dealership and picked up the cable today. Only issue is, as I feared, the dock connector will not fit through my case, it's slightly too thick. I didn't want to modify the cable, so I modified my case :D 60 seconds with the dremel and the opening in the case is just a little larger (I rounded off the corners of the opening a little) and the cable fits without a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts