Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a setting on the iPod or stereo to change this? The first second or 2 is getting cropped off when I switch songs through the stereo.

·
Registered
326 Posts
agreed. Kinda irksome, but I quickly lose myself in the music again. Glad it does not happen when the songs are progressing in order of the playlist or album I've selected, only when skipping around.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You don't specify whether you are using the iPod cable from Hyundai or what iPod you are using. Good luck finding an answer because that could become annoying rather quickly. I'm sorry this doesn't answer your question but my iPod does not do this (just so you know this is not normal).

I use the Hyundai cable and have a 2nd. gen. nano iPod.

EDIT: since I posted long ago I have been noticing this happening in my car too. I guess we just have to learn to live with it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Jul 2 2010, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338365
You don't specify whether you are using the iPod cable from Hyundai or what iPod you are using. Good luck finding an answer because that could become annoying rather quickly. I'm sorry this doesn't answer your question but my iPod does not do this (just so you know this is not normal).
I have the Nano 4th Generation and I use the Hyundai iPod cable.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Jul 2 2010, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338365
I have the same issue on my 2011 Limited with Nav. Using the Factory iPod cable and a Nano 3G. No issue with USB drive. The problem only happens when changin songs via the Sonata controls. Playlists are fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Happens to me too. 2011 Limited with Navigation and using the Hyundai iPod cable. Tried a 5G iPod Video and a 3G iPod Touch with the same result.

I know someone with a 2010 Tucson and a 5G iPod Video (no Navigation) and his music is cut off in a similar fashion. Also using the Hyundai cable.

I think something is up with the cable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using the official Hyundai cable with iPod nano 4.

I have an aftermarket cable as well but it states it is incompatible with my iPod, so it only worked as an AUX line.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Hmm...can't say I've ever noticed this issue. Maybe it's a Sonata thing?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Dec 23 2010, 10:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383020
Hmm...can't say I've ever noticed this issue. Maybe it's a Sonata thing?
I think it is a Sonata thing. It happens with my Hyundai cable connected Ipod (current generation). It does not happen when I play the same playlist via bluetooth with my Iphone 3GS. I actually only lose a fraction of a second of music on a few songs. It normally just reduces the dead-air time between songs by maybe one second. Perhaps the software update others have posted about has something to do with it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe it is a Sonata thing. I don't have an iPod at all. For me, the 1-2 second cut off happens on CDs when switching from another mode (e.g. XM radio to CD).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts