Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new 2011 Tucson GL... and was saddened to read about needed a dealer sold cable to play music from my iPhone 3GS via the USB input.

1- Has anyone had any luck with a non-dealer cable, and if so which one might be worth trying?

2- I've tried to get Bluetooth audio to work, but I can't figure out how to set the radio to play over Bluetooth. Pressing the AUX button simple says "No Media". Oddly enough my PHONE seems to think it's already playing via the vehicle... so how does one inform the vehicle to do this?

Thanks guys! Loving my Tucson otherwise.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (KAJed @ Nov 21 2010, 05:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373523
I just bought a brand new 2011 Tucson GL... and was saddened to read about needed a dealer sold cable to play music from my iPhone 3GS via the USB input.

1- Has anyone had any luck with a non-dealer cable, and if so which one might be worth trying?

2- I've tried to get Bluetooth audio to work, but I can't figure out how to set the radio to play over Bluetooth. Pressing the AUX button simple says "No Media". Oddly enough my PHONE seems to think it's already playing via the vehicle... so how does one inform the vehicle to do this?

Thanks guys! Loving my Tucson otherwise.
FYI, We're working on this over at the Sonata YF 2011 forum. Haven't made any big discovery yet, but we are trying. I'm sure our models are all in this together, if you know what I mean. I'm out googling solutions right now, found a link to this post. Your owners manual should have the bluetooth instructions. There may be on an old post in your forum.
Nobody else makes a cable that defeats Hyundai's monopoly. Hence the search for a solution. It's really not about the $35. as much as it is about wanting to relocated the jack to a secure location. On the Sonata the Ipod connection is right out in the open where thieves can see your stuff. Not good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts