Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed while playing music via the iPod and iPod cable that certain songs are missing different instrumentation? I was playing "Got to Get you into my life" by the Beatles and the entire song was missing the horn/drums section. And during "For Once in My Life" by Stevie Wonder it was missing the same. Has anyone else experienced this?? I'd say 90% of my other songs are just fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (MXXXC3 @ Apr 17 2010, 05:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314158
Has anyone noticed while playing music via the iPod and iPod cable that certain songs are missing different instrumentation? I was playing "Got to Get you into my life" by the Beatles and the entire song was missing the horn/drums section. And during "For Once in My Life" by Stevie Wonder it was missing the same. Has anyone else experienced this?? I'd say 90% of my other songs are just fine.
Sorry, no...my ipod and cable has been fine. Pretty weird that only 10% of songs are missing parts. My initial guess would be file format issues. Try getting a 3.5mm jack and go from the ipod headphone jack, into the 3.5mm in the Sonata. You won't get the data on the radio but at least you can see if proper sound comes out. Oh and my ipod cable takes a pretty good push to get it to click into the Sonata...I had some weird issues at first until I seated the cable properly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would listen to the same songs with head phones and see how they sound. The only other thing besides not having the plug in all the way is a loose connection on the bass speaker or subwoofer in the car. If that is the problem then the next time you play the same song the bass should be there. In other words it would vary say when you hit a bump in the road.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only problem I had with something similar to this was when I first used the Ipod wire Hyundai gave me. I noticed the songs sounding a bit lacking in bass until I realized that I didnt push the cord in all the way into the car adapter and after that the sound was fine..
Another issue I had was when I scrolled through the songs rather quickly to get to what I wanted it freezes sometimes (maybe this is because I was scrolling too fast for the thing to handle).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (grathill @ Apr 17 2010, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314160
Sorry, no...my ipod and cable has been fine. Pretty weird that only 10% of songs are missing parts. My initial guess would be file format issues. Try getting a 3.5mm jack and go from the ipod headphone jack, into the 3.5mm in the Sonata. You won't get the data on the radio but at least you can see if proper sound comes out. Oh and my ipod cable takes a pretty good push to get it to click into the Sonata...I had some weird issues at first until I seated the cable properly.

That was it! Cable wasn't snapped in all the way.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts