Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2020 Sonata. I have 3 iPods I cant get any to work with the USB cable. They are not recognized. I used aftermarket cables and Apple cables. The manual states that it works with MP3 players. Any way to fix this?

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have had no luck as well with my iPod classic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only way I got my IPod classic to work is by using the bluetooth and play the music that way.I could not get it to work by using any cable. Hope this works for you!.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Unfortunately my iPod Classic does not have Bluetooth.
I tried a Bluetooth converter from Amazon, but I couldn't get it to work with the iPod classic and the Sonata. I just moved some of my favorite playlists to Google Play and downloaded them to my phone.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
156 Posts
Unfortunately my iPod Classic does not have Bluetooth.
Your iPod doesn't need Bluetooth. You can buy a Bluetooth adapter that connects itself to the car, plug the adapter in the iPod and start playing. I haven't done this with my Sonata, but I have on other cars and don't see why it wouldn't work for the Sonata.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is interesting!!! I was looking for something in the thick manual. In chapter 5's index under Convenient Features, under Infotainment System is says USB And iPod port 5-152. In section 5-152 the heading USB and iPod port. So something is wrong here!!!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
156 Posts
This is interesting!!! I was looking for something in the thick manual. In chapter 5's index under Convenient Features, under Infotainment System is says USB And iPod port 5-152. In section 5-152 the heading USB and iPod port. So something is wrong here!!!
It also mentions an AUX port even though there isn't one. It's not to uncommon for manuals, especially ones that get translated, to have incorrect information. I've had about 3 or 4 cars that mention at least one incorrect thing in their manuals.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Limited; 2019 Tucson Ultimate
33 Posts
I just got my 2020 Sonata. I have 3 iPods I cant get any to work with the USB cable. They are not recognized. I used aftermarket cables and Apple cables. The manual states that it works with MP3 players. Any way to fix this?
While I don't have the 2020 Sonata, allow me to ask a couple simple questions:
  1. Are you plugging the USB cable in the Sonata's Data Port? There are two USB ports, one is just for charging. I think the Sonata data port is colored blue. You need to use the data port.
  2. Have you changed in the Infotainment System Mode to Media? The system may not always automatically change to Media mode and stay in Radio or whatever mode it was in. Sometimes you need to change the Media mode using the steering wheel Mode button, or selecting Media on the Infotainment display.
Just offering these basic items in case you might have forgotten about them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts