Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the proud new owner (finally) of a beautiful Harbor Gray GLS auto (no nav). I absolutely love this car and have waited months until now to finally get it and it's been a dream.

However I'm having trouble figuring out how to control the track selections from the steering wheel. I plug in my iphone 4 via the Hyundai supplied ipod cable (the one with a usb and aux jack built into one end and ipod connector on the other) and the phone gives me a "device may not work great" message. After that all it does is charge the phone. I can't use the phone to play music through the stereo or use the steering wheel controls to do anything. I've tried rebooting the phone and still no go.

Bluetooth works fine both to send audio and to make and receive calls through the car. What am I doing wrong?

PS. Thanks for everyone's posts on this forum, it helped my selection and buying experience tremendously!
[attachment=21503:IMG_1285.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
your phone is probably sending audio through the bluetooth instead of the cable. at the bottom of the ipod screen on your phone (while the cable is connceted) theres a button for the new airplay feature. when you push it a menu will come up to select "Sonata" or "Dock Connector".

i have found that the "ipod cable" is such a pain in the butt. it keeps screwing with the iphone's output, and i lose complete control of the ipod. its horrble trying to navigate your library from a knob on the dash. have you tried using Pandora through the cable? its almost impossible! and when the radio switches between a bluetooth call and the ipod the volumes are all messed up.

i use the bluetooth all the time now. i cant tell the difference in sound quality and i have the Infinity system. just charge your iphone with a non apple usb cable or a car charger is needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks chewiem16. That was exactly the problem. I selected the right output on the phone this time and it started working with the cable.

However you were right, using the cable is basically pointless, I can switch tracks with the wheel control but it's a pain to find anything on the head unit itself. I am going back to just using bluetooth and only use the cable to charge the phone when I need to. Shame there isn't a better solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, it's a shame because we paid for that stupid cable! Lol. The steering wheel controls are "supposed" to work for prev/next track over Bluetooth too. I've gotten it to work once. I believe it's a software issue with our phones. I hope the next version of the iOS gives us some more Bluetooth control!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts