Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else upgraded yet? After upgrading my 3G i noticed the car hasnt really liked my phone. I no longer get the "transfer complete" message, but it does connect and you can still voice dial. not sure if new contacts work or not, it could be just using what it had in memory from the last transfer. when someone calls the ring tone now plays over the car stereo but the phone also rings.
connecting it for music now takes about 3 or 4 times longer than it did before and fails rather often, and searching through the songs or artists is almost impossible now as it just goes so slow. i could hold the button and it would go rather fast before but now its just impossible. i have to start the song on the phone and then plug it in.

is anyone else experiencing this? maybe i should restore it again and see if that helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I upgraded and didn't have any of the problems that you mentioned. However I read that some 3GS users experience a slow down, which is completely corrected after resetting the phone. Try that before restoring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am experiencing the slow down issue and my ipod is saying the accessory cable is not supported when I plug it in. I really need a solution for this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a problem with the voice dialing after the upgrade to OS4. When it connects to the iphone 3gs it downloads the contacts but some times when I voice dial it will dial the phone then it disconnects from the phone. The phone still dials the number but I cant hear anything because it thinks its connected. Once this happens I cant use the car bluetooth until I shut off the vehicle and restart. This does not happen all the time. If it does go through the first time its good until I disconnect myself. I have tried resetting the iphone.....restoring form backup....Restoring as new form but nothing seems to work. Also when the contacts are downloaded they are Last Name....First Name. With OS3.13 I was able to change this in settings to First Name...Last Name and it would dowload correctly. Anyone else have this issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I noticed that I do not get the 'transfer complete' message since upgrading my iPhone 3G to OS4.

I added a new 'test' contact to see if I could voice dial it, and I can't. So it seems that it is no longer updating the contacts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
deleting the phone in the car and repairing after upgrading to iOS 4 has fixed the problem with not transferring the phone book for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice to have it transferring again.

However, now I realize how nice it was not hearing the 'Transfer Complete' message each time I start the vehicle. Guess you can't have it all! :whistling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts