Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with an iPhone confirm that this works for your recent model Santa Fe (not just Sonata where it was reported)??

Before I go wishing (like heated seats), did we get this feature? My Android doesn't (at least not yet). The app hasn't been updated since March.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Interesting... the seat heater turns off on our 2017SFS if there is not enough weight on the seat.

I guess it was just a matter of programming.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
797 Posts
Interesting... the seat heater turns off on our 2017SFS if there is not enough weight on the seat.

I guess it was just a matter of programming.
Do you know how long it lasted?

I had mine on and left the vehicle running for a "quick stop" that turned into about 12-15 minute chat.

Came back and seat still on.
Nobody in car during that time either. (Yes, I got the 'beeeeeeep' when leaving the vehicle as she was angry I left her all alone--haha).

I'm pretty sure the heated seat does turn off after some period of time, regardless (I think the steering wheel does too).

But I *really* wish the auto start (via blulink) could turn on the heated seats. When it's really cold out, that leather doesn't heat up fast enough (probably takes a good 8-10 minutes before I notice it), for me. Mainly because I'm not driving naked. Well, most of the time anyway. haha

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, and it's a good thing that it doesn't just keep heating because it would probably mess up the leather if it was getting overheated.

I still have not gotten an update for the Android phone, or heard from any iPhone users who drive a Santa Fe, but you would have to think that it works for us, too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry, I'm not referring to the heater turning off periodically. It's my understanding you can have the switch on but with no weight on the seat, the heating element will not activate. My thinking is / was the seat heater function also uses the sensor that determines if someone is on the seat to activate the airbag - no one there? do not waste the airbag and do not activate heating element.

Now I'm wondering where I got the information... It may have been from the dealer with the after market remote start function, on our 2010 SF and from a different dealer with our 2017 SFS.

And... I have never really tested the function - turn both seats on when I'm the only one in the car and see if both seats get warm.

It has been a long time since I played with any type of circuit design, but I would think one would want to activate a timer when the ignition was turned on, wait a little..., and duplicate the function of the momentary contact switch that activates the seat heater. There there that pesky airbag thing. That I really don't want to play with. With the programming... you could turn the seat heating element on after a remote start, ignoring the airbag sensor until the vehicle is put in gear. Computers and busses are so much fun. Then again, I am a firm believer that some things should not be automated. Probably because I had to fix them.

We should do a test...

·
Registered
1 Posts
As of this morning the IOS app connected to our '18 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate dose not have rear defroster as a start option, only the front.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of this morning the IOS app connected to our '18 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate dose not have rear defroster as a start option, only the front.
Android, correct? Mine has not been updated since the iPhone user noticed that his had (Wednesday).

·
Registered
84 Posts
The iOS version has not been updated since March and does not have the features OP asked about. The App Store reflects the same thing (ver. 3.9.6).

The Google Play Store says the same thing.

Perhaps this is a feature that Hyundai enabled remotely on the new Sonatas with active BlueLink subscriptions.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously? ****... Maybe they are a beta tester? I got the graphic from a post in the Sonata forum.

It sure looks real, but I won't hold my breath!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Following up, I purchased a 2018 SFS 2.0T Ultimate AWD. I used the Bluelink app this morning to start the car and saw that it had the same options as the pic you showed above. I went from a 2013 SFS 2.0T with Tech and Leather Packages to the Ultimate with the Tech Package, it seems like the difference comes from the upgraded head unit. But the seat warmers and rear window defroster are still not available, not sure why, but I've done some poking around and have a guess for the seats . . . because there is no weight in the seat, the warms will not warm, they need the weight. Hope this helps!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts