Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the 2013 sonata and wanted to use y iphone gps to go someplace. i already setup the bluetooth phone and works great. then i tried to use the iphone gps but did get any audio for turn by turn directions on my iphone or on car speakers. i was able to get iphone gps audio if i selected bluetooth streaming but then i cant play radio. if i turned off bluetooth then i cant get phone calls on cars speakers.
i want to be able to use iphone gps, get phone calls and listen to radio.. is that possible? How?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Only option I can see is you would have to listen to music or the radio through your iPhone Bluetooth, when a direction needs to be spoken it will quiet the music and say the direction. Isn't possible with the cars stereo unless you have a navi head unit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So you have nav, or no? We use our nav and music (pandora, iTunes Radio) through phone all over the Bluetooth w/ no problems.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Could always used a aux cord, or the adapter that came with your car, if it's adapterable to your iPhone model. But I think that would cut out any music from the radio, since it would be on the aux channel.
Best of luck to ya

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The only way I've been able to do this on iOS and Android is by having either phone connected by Bluetooth and using some sort of streaming audio from the device.

Google Maps on Android will be silent unless I'm on the Media source, but the Waze app will still use the speaker on the phone, so at least the super loud HTC One speakers allow me to hear over the music. Not ideal, but a workable solution for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a 2010 Genesis Coupe where this worked great, ran Google maps on iPhone and it would cut in on radio, cd or even phone calls with directions. Just bought a 2013 Genesis Sedan and am having the same problem as gene128. Would be very interested if anyone can get this figured out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts