Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
I have another iPhone question for you all :D
The car is a 2010 Santa Fe GL. The phone is an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1 (will be 4.2.1 when I get round to upgrading it). I have it both paired via bluetooth and I also have the USB / Audio connection cable.

My question is in regards to contact transfer from the phone. The phone facility does work, I've received calls and made them (voice dial a number). I want to add contacts, but the "Add from phone" option does not seem to work. It gets to the point where it states you need to send the info from the phone, but nothing happens.

Now, I have a feeling this might be due to the iPhone's inability to allow file transfer via Bluetooth (**** you Apple, why are you so paranoid about allowing this!) but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing a step.

Has anyone been able to do this, or is the only option to manually add a contact via the voice settings? Is it possible for the device to pick things up via the USB cable?

Any suggestions, or advice greatly appreciated and welcomed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Markus,

I'm using a iPhone 3g with 4.2.1 No problems (I think!). I get the "transfer complete" message about 10 seconds after I start up the car. I assumed that this was the address book updating automatically, via Bluetooth. I'll add another contact now and see if it updates the address book on the Santa Fe when I head out to the curling club tonight (eh?!). I've got the cable too, but haven't used it much as I've been enjoying the XM trial.

Hope this I'm on track with what your asking here.

Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (YXUStu @ Nov 30 2010, 06:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375913
Hi Markus,

I'm using a iPhone 3g with 4.2.1 No problems (I think!). I get the "transfer complete" message about 10 seconds after I start up the car. I assumed that this was the address book updating automatically, via Bluetooth. I'll add another contact now and see if it updates the address book on the Santa Fe when I head out to the curling club tonight (eh?!). I've got the cable too, but haven't used it much as I've been enjoying the XM trial.

Hope this I'm on track with what your asking here.

Cheers
Thanks for the reply :)
I do hear "transfer complete" so perhaps this is automatically copying things over. I guess I need to try and call from the phone book on the Santa Fe to see if it works. I will admit I've not tried this, and probably should have done. It's a shame you cannot get a list of contacts on the stereo display (probably can on the Nav one, but not on the non-nav one).

·
Registered
11 Posts
My address book changes on my iPhone were updated with no problems. I don't think any way exists to view the address book via the SF's display. I have the non-nav unit as well, and the options for Bluetooth setup were fairly limited. Now if they can get my email to pop up on a display, say a HUD on the windshield, I'll never want to go back to my office!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (YXUStu @ Dec 1 2010, 12:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376125
My address book changes on my iPhone were updated with no problems. I don't think any way exists to view the address book via the SF's display. I have the non-nav unit as well, and the options for Bluetooth setup were fairly limited. Now if they can get my email to pop up on a display, say a HUD on the windshield, I'll never want to go back to my office!
Excellent! So, silly question, how would I call a contact that is named "Rose" on my iPhone (now synced to the Santa Fe) and for whom I have multiple entries, eg; work, cell, crackberry?
Sorry, for this, I know I could / should RTFM, but thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No problem. The quickest way is to hit the bottom left button on the steering wheel that looks like the guy with radar coming out his mouth :grin: Say "Call Rose Work", and it will ask you to confirm. Say "Yes". If you just say "Call Rose", it will ask you which number. Its' too bad about the extra step to confirm, but I suppose it avoids dialing the wrong number when it doesn't understand your command correctly. It still would be great to have an option to skip the confirmation step. Happy dialing. I find it works really well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Tucson today. And the biggest irritation so far is that the Voice Recognition doesn't work at all. I have > 1000 contacts. It simply can't get anything I try. Or it did once, but not consistently. (ie, 1/50 tries).

So...

a) is there any way to sync only a particular contact group rather than all contacts?

B) i see in the manual something about "voice tags". what are they and could they help?

c) is there a way to program just certain contacts as speed dial contacts or something? I really only need a dozen or so...

(i will xpost this in the tucson forums... just posted here because it's a related existing thread)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts